la-parra-signs-271115-l229-2826106_478x359.jpg

Rajiv van La Parra signs for Albion.
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
11:19 29th November 2015
by Paul Camillin
I hope that I can help the team win promotion."
Rajiv van La Parra

Brighton & Hove Albion's signing from Wolves, Rajiv van La Parra, says he wants to use his one-month loan spell to contribute to the club's push for Premier League football.
Out of favour at Molineux, the pacey wide man said, "I'm very happy, I was not in a good situation at Wolves, so I'm happy to be here. I hope that I can help the team win promotion."I wanted a move because I am a footballer and I want to play games. A footballer wants to be out on the pitch; I wasn't out on the pitch at Wolves, so I am happy to have this loan deal done and I hope I can play football again and help the team."
The winger admitted it was a bit of surprise to get the call from Albion, but hadn't lost faith in his ability to play at the top end of the Championship, having been a regular member of a Wolves side which narrowly missed out on the play-offs last season.
"It gives me a lot of confidence, because Brighton are a good team at the top of the league. It gives me a lot of confidence, but I have always had a lot of belief in myself. I hope I can do well and play a part.
"Brighton play some very good offensive football, which I think will suit me. They are doing very well and I hope we can keep it this way. I want to come in and work hard for the team and hopefully be a very important player for the them."

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The former Feyenoord man, where he played alongside Elvis Manu, has also been capped by Holland at under-21 level - and he hasn't ruled out the possibility of a permanent move, but says his immediate focus is on the month ahead, and making an impact with the club."I want to play as many games as I can. That's the most important thing for me. We will see where we are at the end of the spell, but I don't want to look too far ahead. I hope the club will be happy with what I have contributed at the end of the loan spell."
Explaining what his strengths are, he added, "I have a lot of pace. I like the one-v-one situations. I am player that likes to attack the defenders and I have good crossing ability.
"I am a creative player and I think I can bring something extra to the team. I am looking forward to playing my games and doing very well for the club."

[h=3]ALBION V CHARLTON ATHLETIC*
[/h]SATURDAY 5TH DECEMBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V MIDDLESBROUGH*
[/h]SATURDAY 19TH DECEMBER, KICK-OFF 12.30PM

[h=3]ALBION V IPSWICH TOWN**
[/h]TUESDAY 29TH DECEMBER, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here