Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bookies price for us to be Champions

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Just checked with PPower and we are 11/2 to win the league. Seems a generous price to me. I am tempted to lump a fairly large amount on. Anybody back us at the start or pre-season? What price did you get?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can't help but think that we'll have to go some to finish ahead of Derby. The others I think we can feel more confident about finishing in front of.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Next month, it goes without saying, will be pivotal. Derby and 'Boro along with some other tricky ones. My mojo is pretty good right now, we'll be ready for it.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Can't help but think that we'll have to go some to finish ahead of Derby. The others I think we can feel more confident about finishing in front of.

Derby... Perennial bottlers. Arrogant, moronic fans as well.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
If we can take 3 pts off either 'Boro or Derby or draw both games which at moment is not out of the realms of possibility then have a cheeky punt.

This really is a magical time to be an Albion fan. It is the stuff dreams and Football Manager are made of - resigning Bobby, unbeaten runs and signing a young Manchester United starlet on loan.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Derby... Perennial bottlers. Arrogant, moronic fans as well.

Championship's strongest squad though with some big time experience brought in to bolster the bottllers of the last two seasons

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Championship's strongest squad though with some big time experience brought in to bolster the bottllers of the last two seasons

Bit harsh on the 2013/14 version! We just didn't win the playoff final, sh*t happens!!! Last season, in most opinions, was down the Schteve's head being turned, we certainly never hit the heights of the previous season though, while we got to be top for a while the signs were always there. Once Schteve adopted a "we'll concede 4 but score 5" approach, the wheels had fallen off. :)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bit harsh on the 2013/14 version! We just didn't win the playoff final, sh*t happens!!! Last season, in most opinions, was down the Schteve's head being turned, we certainly never hit the heights of the previous season though, while we got to be top for a while the signs were always there. Once Schteve adopted a "we'll concede 4 but score 5" approach, the wheels had fallen off. :)

For what it's worth, I've never met any wanker Derby fans either :wave:

You outclassed us in that play off second leg, fair & square. Expected you to beat QPR but somehow you didn't. Still think you have a very strong squad now.

Interesting to see how it all pans out. Hopefully we've put ourselves in a position now where people are taking us seriously rather than a side just on a good but short lived run of form. We played some breathtaking stuff v Blues. Football I've not seen from us since Poyet's side went into the play offs on a great final run (& look where that got us :cry: ).

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

I'd want to echo Edna's comments. You beat us four times that season, and got beaten by Zamora in the final. I also remember a massacre at the Amex last season, a 0-2 massacre.
You're in an ominous run of form at the moment, which makes 12 Dec all the more exciting.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Amazed that you did so well with that PLUM in charge. A sign that it was a very good team and the squad has been improved. If we get any sort of result at your place then I'll start believing we can win the league.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
For what it's worth, I've never met any wanker Derby fans either :wave:

You outclassed us in that play off second leg, fair & square. Expected you to beat QPR but somehow you didn't. Still think you have a very strong squad now.

Interesting to see how it all pans out. Hopefully we've put ourselves in a position now where people are taking us seriously rather than a side just on a good but short lived run of form. We played some breathtaking stuff v Blues. Football I've not seen from us since Poyet's side went into the play offs on a great final run (& look where that got us :cry: ).

Yeah, not sure where the earlier comment came from, I'm not sure we're an arrogant lot, the vast majority would happily acknowledge we've been largely crap for about 16 this millenium! We're nowhere near our potential fluidity right now, but definitely effective so yeah it will be interesting game - It's been a while since anyone turned up at the iPro to really 'take it to us' as they say, so it'll be interesting to see what happens - As ever, I will pass very little comment on here post a Derby v Brighton game :)

I'd want to echo Edna's comments. You beat us four times that season, and got beaten by Zamora in the final. I also remember a massacre at the Amex last season, a 0-2 massacre.
You're in an ominous run of form at the moment, which makes 12 Dec all the more exciting.

Yes, the wheel nuts were loosening when we played you at your place last season, and then fell off completely on around 92 mins the following Saturday haha.

Amazed that you did so well with that PLUM in charge. A sign that it was a very good team and the squad has been improved. If we get any sort of result at your place then I'll start believing we can win the league.

When the moon is aligned with Jupiter, or something like that, Schteve is a great coach, when it's not, things fall apart. Oh, and he has a MAHOOSIVE ego.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If we can take 3 pts off either 'Boro or Derby or draw both games which at moment is not out of the realms of possibility then have a cheeky punt.

This really is a magical time to be an Albion fan. It is the stuff dreams and Football Manager are made of - resigning Bobby, unbeaten runs and signing a young Manchester United starlet on loan.

Genuinely is isn't it? Feels like starting an FM game at the start of this season. At this point I'd be thinking "this is fun, but not very realistic..."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here