Lua lua injury any updates?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I won't believe it's true until BG says so

D

Deleted member 22389

It's getting me worried now, bloody social media.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
These are the tweets in question, unsure why someone would want to make it up about a Brighton player, I would have thought if there was a rumour like this going around yesterdays game then a lot more people would have been talking about it. Attention seeking.

[tweet]670719580940169216[/tweet]

[tweet]670720185205157889[/tweet]

[tweet]670721248272490496[/tweet]

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Judging by his twitter discussion he had an op Friday morning? Suggests there could be something in this and a little while yet?

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It would be an enormous blow to lose KLL if these rumours are true - such a gifted and exciting player to watch. Get well soon Kazenga.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I think it's all a load of tosh. BUT. there must be something wrong with him. To be out this long when 6 to 7!games ago "he is almost ready, just needs a little longer" stories from the press conferences tells me all is not well and something is a miss. So we wait and see. Good job Solly is picking up where he left.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'd imagine it's more serious than first thought and maybe there's a bit of not knowing exactly what's wrong but to say 'career ending' is probably absolute tosh - very rare an injury completely stops a player playing again especially at his age...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'd imagine it's more serious than first thought and maybe there's a bit of not knowing exactly what's wrong but to say 'career ending' is probably absolute tosh - very rare an injury completely stops a player playing again especially at his age...
This. Career ending injuries tend to be something like horrific led breaks or torn knee ligaments from an unfortunate tackle. He has picked up what sounds like a chronic groin problem that is taking longer to sort than expected. Maybe he'll need surgery to sort it, but it certainly won't be career ending.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
This. Career ending injuries tend to be something like horrific led breaks or torn knee ligaments from an unfortunate tackle. He has picked up what sounds like a chronic groin problem that is taking longer to sort than expected. Maybe he'll need surgery to sort it, but it certainly won't be career ending.

His most recent tweets and conversation suggest pain, I guess during recovery, then op on Friday gone.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
His most recent tweets and conversation suggest pain, I guess during recovery, then op on Friday gone.
Could well be a sportman's hernia. It's a classic injury for sportsmen in their late 20s to early 30s, but is not uncommon for younger men to suffer if they are particularly powerful, which KLL certainly is. Usually full recovery is 6-12 week from the op.

The above is just a guess by me - I've not heard anything or am in anyway ITK. However, this injury does often present itself as a groin strain due to pain referral, so it's an educated guess.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He wasn't at the game yesterday as he had an operation it seems? Strange one...

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
These are the tweets in question, unsure why someone would want to make it up about a Brighton player, I would have thought if there was a rumour like this going around yesterdays game then a lot more people would have been talking about it. Attention seeking.

[tweet]670719580940169216[/tweet]

[tweet]670720185205157889[/tweet]

[tweet]670721248272490496[/tweet]

That guy has a track record of posting crap and being proved wrong (hopefully this is just another example of that).

He is the ultimate pessimist and only happy when posting miserable things about the club, so I wouldn't read too much into it. (according to him last season we were already relegated by mid September)

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Shame but it has given March a run and it certainly seems to have done him and us the world of good. Every cloud and all that cliched stuff...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here