Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Richie Towell

geoff2021

Jun 22, 2009
he was sitting in the visiting directors box 2 seats away from me with a chap in a seagulls parka stood up and applauded when Bobby was subbed, maybe he has signed ???

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Was gonna do a thread as someone on Twitter said the same. Must have liked what he saw....!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I went along to chat to some Blues' friends at half time and was asked "is that your new Irish lad?"
Looks promising

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Well if he doesn't sign I'll wipe the floor with him.:facepalm:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Pretty good game to help sell the club .... any doubts he may have had should have been banished!!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
What is it with our recent fascination with skillful but unpredictable Irish midfielders?

Kevin Thornton, Gary Dicker, Paddy McCourt all spring to mind.

Is Richie Towell going to be one of those I wonder?

If so, then we're certainly in for some flairtastic entertainment.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Why are we getting excited about a 24 year old from the Irish league?

Did you never see the three I've just mention play???

I'm always up for some more of that kind of stuff personally.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Sounds very exciting. His goalscoring record for a midfielder is fantastic. Let's not forget Jamie Vardy was prolific at non-league level and look at him now. A goalscorer is a goalscorer and this is a calculated risk and probably not an expensive one either.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yes they were all of lower league ability Div 1 or 2, none worthy of the Championship.

Not disagreeing with you, bloody good fun to watch though eh?

I'm not fussed one way or the other whether we get Richie Towell in, I don't know enough about him. Just saying how the previous recent Irish midfielders all had something in common and how much I enjoyed watching them play. Nothing more.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Impressive video but quality of opposition poor. But, i trust in CH judgement so he hs my full support if he comes in

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
He has said that he wants to go somewhere that he will get game time. Being a cental midfielder surely he would only get into our team if Kayal or Stephens were either injured or banned?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here