Votes: 81 47.6%

• Total voters

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
On board now? Yay or Nay?

All very quiet.....

I must admit during the Summer, I think I've posted about giving him until October/November (which after the previous year is where I was at the time), but its fair to say he's doing an excellent job.....

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Not having a pop at anyone. I was chuffed when he was appointed. My first choice would have been Karl Robinson, ha ha. So glad it turned out as it did.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not having a pop at anyone. I was chuffed when he was appointed. My first choice would have been Karl Robinson, ha ha. So glad it turned out as it did.

I was pleased when he was appointed as well, just a little frustrated towards the end of last season, but he achieved his objective in keeping us up and we've recruited extremely well.

Karl Robinson??? Feck me!!!!! No thank you!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Would you have put this poll up if Stockdale hadn't made that save towards the end?

It would have been 'Hughton is too negative, trying to hold on to what we have.....'

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Would you have put this poll up if Stockdale hadn't made that save towards the end?

It would have been 'Hughton is too negative, trying to hold on to what we have.....'

Football matches are full off "ifs", its what the losers are left with at the end of the match.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Last season he had a very simple objective which was to avoid relegation which he managed.

This season sees us play very good possession football coupled with a winning mentality, long may it continue.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was happy enough with CH as Semi's replacement.
After the dogs dinner CH made of last season, I would have driven him around the country.

Now I can't see the Albion without him, t'is quite literally a 'funny old game'.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

Never thought Hughton is too negative, just steady, sensible with good passing football. More exciting games may be to follow if we continue to improve. Then again like any manager it could all go pear shaped and we end up 10th, my original prediction. Exciting times.

Merdalfthewizard

once more unto the breach
Dec 25, 2014
265 miles from home games
I must admit, I did quite fancy Hughton would do the job required to keep us in the league last season, but wasn't sure about how things would go this season. Very pleased to say I had nothing to worry about.
For me, this season, it's the mindset of the players that is impressing me most, when we have the ball, we have 11 attacking players, when we haven't, we have 11 defenders, I think that's the big change this season.
For that, I thank you Mr Hughton.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
I was a doubter last year as I did not see an improvement when he took over.

However, the change in playing formation to 4-4-2 has worked.
This was not a formation he has favoured in the past so I was not looking forward to his negative tactics going into the season.
He also seemed to go for experience instead of youth.
Very pleasantly surprised.
Recruitment Team has also made a huge difference this season which he is also part off so well done.

el punal

I was happy enough as Semi's replacement.
After the dogs dinner CH made of last season, I was happy to drive him around the country.

Now I can't see the Albion without him, t'is quite literally a 'funny old game'.

But he didn't make a dog's dinner last season. His remit was probably simple - ensure that we avoid relegation, and we did. There was absolutely no point in trying to achieve anything ambitious as our season was finished in October. Rebuild and recruit in the summer (without interference it seems) and here we are today.

You are right though, football is a funny old game!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But he didn't make a dog's dinner last season. His remit was probably simple - ensure that we avoid relegation, and we did. There was absolutely no point in trying to achieve anything ambitious as our season was finished in October. Rebuild and recruit in the summer (without interference it seems) and here we are today.

You are right though, football is a funny old game!
CH made us sit through the worst AMEX era football.
Hughton is now 'making' us sit through comfortably the very very best football that the AMEX has seen.

Sami's cluelessness was at least masochistic 'fun', until it got real.

I don't buy this one job notion.
If that were the case you wouldn't scrap through at the 11th hour, primarily due to 3 other team being even worse. Who let's not forget all took points from CH.
You'd get that in the bag asap, then prepare for the next season.

Nobody predicted what we're getting now.
If we were getting what we expected, mid table, then some of last season's shocking performances would be under closer scrutiny.

As it is history is written by the winners, and thankfully Hughton must be nearly out of ink.
While I'm writing about how loud wrong I am.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Recruitment - 9 Kayal, BFG, Rosenior, Murphy etc etc
Tactics - 9 We're playing some sublime stuff now, and even the run of injuries hasn't halted progress
Man Management - 9 Team spirit is fantastic, he's obviously working on Solly's confidence, Bruno's revitalisation.......
Way he handles himself - 10 Honest, talks sense, never dramatic, impeccable over the Shoreham tragedy etc etc

Did what he had to do last season with a tough hand. Doing what he wants to do this season. Struggling to think of anyone better we could have at this level.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here