Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Because of last season!!!

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Keep hearing stuff like "we're the surprise package" or "not expected to last the distance" etc
Just because we finished above the relegation zone they think we are in a position we shouldn't be!
They seem to either forget or dismiss the previous two seasons we finished in play off positions. I'm sure had we finished last year the same as the previous years we'd be talked about as being champions in the making!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Pundit player on Channel 5 tonight was asked to assess the top six. Duly praised Derby and Middlesbrough first but then did admit that Hughton will keep us there or thereabouts on merit.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think the big surprise is this amazing turnaround from last season.

After Millwall at home last season, where their fans misbehaved and we were not that much better as we were rock bottom I left the stadium totally dejected as we were awful and clearly going nowhere bar League 1.

It really is an astonishing turnaround in a very quick time but sadly we are still paying the price fan wise for what happened last season.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Keep hearing stuff like "we're the surprise package" or "not expected to last the distance" etc
Just because we finished above the relegation zone they think we are in a position we shouldn't be!
They seem to either forget or dismiss the previous two seasons we finished in play off positions. I'm sure had we finished last year the same as the previous years we'd be talked about as being champions in the making!
Hyypia's disastrous management coupled with Burke's recruitment skills have snuck us in under the radar this season. They expect us to fall away. We won't.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Of course people are going to compare us to last season. If you look at the one previous to that, 9 of the 14 players against Derby are no longer at the club. Totally different. Even if you look at this time last year when we played Fulham, 6 of those players have gone.

Don't think anyone, at the start of the season would have honestly thought we would be were we are. Most would probably be happy with comfortable mid table compared to last season.

Even with the signings we made, nobody except a blind optimist would have thought it would be going as well as it is.

We are the surprise package but we are where we are because we deserve to be.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think the big surprise is this amazing turnaround from last season.

After Millwall at home last season, where their fans misbehaved and we were not that much better as we were rock bottom I left the stadium totally dejected as we were awful and clearly going nowhere bar League 1.

It really is an astonishing turnaround in a very quick time but sadly we are still paying the price fan wise for what happened last season.
What price for last season, precisely, are we paying? As far as I can see, this season is going brilliantly so far.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What price for last season, precisely, are we paying? As far as I can see, this season is going brilliantly so far.

I think the price is reference to the average lower gates. Be interesting to see if the club announce how many half season tickets have been sold.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think the price is reference to the average lower gates. Be interesting to see if the club announce how many half season tickets have been sold.

Is the right answer, Jesus I really had no idea how really thick the poster is but now we know

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
The club has grown so much in the last few years that I believe last season was the 'exception' not 'the rule'. But until we attain sustained achievement at the highest level - it won't be generally recognised.

Let's see if we can change this perception in the next few years?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Who really gives a **** if the so called pundits don't give us the credit we deserve! We are top of the feckin league and unbeaten so they can do one! :thumbsup:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
There is no one else n this division who should frighten us. All of them have been beaten by someone, we haven't .

What I saw with this boy Wilson makes me think that we are inevitably going to start converting the draws into wins. We will know by Christmas how this thing is going to play out. I expect us to be top on Boxing Day.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here