Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm sorry, but that was TREMENDOUS

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
From start to finish. I was dreading half time, I feared the loss of momentum, I thought with Brum back level we might end up on the back foot. Not a bit of it. Strength, guile, pace, movement, invention, character. Sheer quality ALL over the pitch from 1 to 11 (in old money). I cannot recall too many games at the Amex that were as richly entertaining as that from the first whistle to the last. Birmingham played their part, they looked a threat on the break and are clearly no mugs, but at times we simply overwhelmed them. March is playing out of his skin right now, Kayal is starting to look like the best all-round midfielder I have ever seen in the stripes, Murphy was a constant menace, Bruno once again was immense. Hemed is struggling for goals but some of his touches and flicks caused them no end of problems, and of course the wily old Bobby popping up again with the winner.

Not even mentioned Wilson. Christ, we've got KLL to come back as well. This is shaping up to be something else this season. I. Am. BUZZING.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
From start to finish. I was dreading half time, I feared the loss of momentum, I thought with Brum back level we might end up on the back foot. Not a bit of it. Strength, guile, pace, movement, invention, character. Sheer quality ALL over the pitch from 1 to 11 (in old money). I cannot recall too many games at the Amex that were as richly entertaining as that from the first whistle to the last. Birmingham played their part, they looked a threat on the break and are clearly no mugs, but at times we simply overwhelmed them. March is playing out of his skin right now, Kayal is starting to look like the best all-round midfielder I have ever seen in the stripes, Murphy was a constant menace, Bruno once again was immense. Hemed is struggling for goals but some of his touches and flicks caused them no end of problems, and of course the wily old Bobby popping up again with the winner.

Not even mentioned Wilson. Christ, we've got KLL to come back as well. This is shaping up to be something else this season. I. Am. BUZZING.

Have you been reading my mind?
Or were you just listening in on the bus back to Mill Road P&R?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Best game at the Amex for 3 seasons.
Good atmosphere from the crowd, superb performance, we could have had 3 goals 1st half, but that was a proper game of football and credit to Birmingham and their fans

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
But 442 is "depressing dinosaur football".............!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

You missed out Stephens ..does a lot of the donkey work that doesn't always get noticed

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Just two negatives. Should have been 4-1 and Liam got injured. Apart from that, I can't remember a victory so deserved, a game so entertaining and a match day so enjoyable at the Amex for months and months.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Totally agree. It wasn't an easy game by any means, but our movement and use of the ball was excellent and plenty of effort to win the ball back when we've lost it has been a key part of our improvement this season.

Feeling more and more optimistic every week.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Two seasons on the trot now, Brum at the Amex has been a high point, a real feel good game.
Last season 4-3, and Caldi gettig two, this season Solly March coming of age, and Bobby getting the winner.

Can we play Brum every week?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Great win but that Brum no. 44 Brock-Madsen was possibly the worst opposition player I have seen for quite some time, he was awful.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Wonderful, wonderful performance. Spielberg couldn't have written a more entertaining script.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You missed out Stephens ..does a lot of the donkey work that doesn't always get noticed

Agreed. Him and Kayal are just the perfect partnership in our CM, I cannot recall us ever having such an effective combo in that position. I could go through every single player today and sing their praises.

At times it looked like we had 14 players on the pitch, as good a performance at this level as I can recall. Quite how it was only 2-1 is the ONLY slight negative, because we keep on doing this and not quite putting teams away. If we keep this up though, then someone is going to be on the wrong end of an absolute BEASTING soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here