Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where do they find these refs?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Absolute joke that bloke was today, the standard of refereeing right now needs to be looked at. The booking of March was amazing, booking him for time wasting on the throw in despite the fact he didn't even have the ball! Staggeringly shit.

Good game though, despite him.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Two shite refs in a row, hopefully we'll get an adequate one next time.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Not sure what he disallowed our goal for other than not realising flapping at, and dropping, a cross is sign of Kuszczak playing rather than a foul

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
1) Goal shouldn't have been dissalowed, Koosh dropped the ball.
2) Their left back should have seen red for cynically fouling Solly about 4 or 5 times, bottled it.
3) Where did 6 mins added time come from in the 2nd half and why did we play 8/9 mins before finally blowing for full time.

Atrocious referee.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I'd also add I thought he was bad for both teams at times, gave us some very strange decisions in the first half I thought, just a generally poor referee, looked like he wanted to be the centre of attention at all times

Also SIX minutes? What the actual ****... + I stopwatched it he played nearly 8.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I'd also add I thought he was bad for both teams at times, gave us some very strange decisions in the first half I thought, just a generally poor referee, looked like he wanted to be the centre of attention at all time
Also SIX minutes? What the actual ****... + I stopwatched it he played nearly 8.

Also, did the game really warrant all those yellow cards?

In my opinion, loads of cards = either a really dirty game (Liverpool V Everton) or a weak referee. In this case it was a very weak ref.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
One of the worst refereeing performances I've ever seen.

When he gave nothing for Zamora being chopped down from behind and then booked Stephens straight after I almost laughed. Almost.

So many awful decisions. I was convinced he was going to give Brum a penalty for nothing at the end (especially when he seemed to want to play til they scored).

Shocking.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Probably one of my favourite refs, yes he is shit but despite this every time we've had him we've won. That's 6 out of 6 now.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
It was another "it's all about me". Even down the last min when we were over time and he still went in and showed what a man he was to break up a short pull. His cards wer stupid. He didn't get so many decisions wrong, but he so much wanted everything to centre around him

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
One of the worst refereeing performances I've ever seen.

When he gave nothing for Zamora being chopped down from behind and then booked Stephens straight after I almost laughed. Almost.

So many awful decisions. I was convinced he was going to give Brum a penalty for nothing at the end (especially when he seemed to want to play til they scored).

Shocking.

That was absolute rubbish - a really bad foul on Bobby and then nothing by Dale - and the first is ignored and the second a yellow - dire.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I think he had 'small man syndrome'. Add a whistle and it's a lethal combination!
Very much this. Taking over from Ray Olivier as the ref with small man syndrome. Second worst ref in the league for me behind Keith Hill. And as we have won the last 6 home games Ward has reffed, we can't be accused of rose tinted glasses.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I thought the ref was brilliant. :tosser:
At one point, I thought Gary Rowett was going to burst a blood vessel:tantrum:....very entertaining as we approach pantomime season

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here