Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby zamora

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
As no-one else has started a thread I will. He was fantastic today.

When he came back it had a kind of testamonial feel to it, club favourite back for a last hoorah, and for most of the season thats been his role, 10 minutes or so at the end of the game. Hands up, we all feel Bobby is here as our mascot for the feelgood factor, but there's a lot more - is he a forgotten man amongst the March and kayal love? Four goals, all critical, 3 winners and the other the only goal in a 1-1 draw. he's started the last two games and been our best striker, and its not as if Hemed played badly.

I'm now singing Bobby's praises to my kids, not for what he was, but for what he IS

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
It seemed to me that Birmingham started to have more possession and begin to look more threatening after Zamora came off, I don't think that's a coincidence.

One hot tub one ambition

Apr 28, 2015
Hove
Even if he was completely new for us this season, I'm sure we would share an equal amount of respect for him as we do today. He really is a class act; regardless of his age, he is evidently having an effect on the team and the club, and at this rate, Baldock and Wilson will not be walking into the team at all! In the next couple of months, he could become our top scorer this season... and, ultimately, he could reach 100 goals...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I put my hands up, I didn't want him back because I couldn't stand the thought of him not being a success.
I was wrong, he is magnificent, a true legend, and I can only apoligise for my lack of faith in both Bobby, and Chris Hughton

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Unbelievable hold up player. One of the best strikers outside the top division. Hopefully he gets one more go at it next year with us.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
His goals so far have gained us 10 points. He is part of a fantastic team, but the guy is a bloody legend.

This, in pints, with a shot of vodka and lemonade top.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
He's no spring chicken but what he has is experience, positioning, and an uncanny knack of being in the right place at the right time - that can't be trained into you, it's a rare and natural gift. Waiting to pounce on the rebound, anticipating mistakes by the defence, even thinking ahead about where to be if our man on the ball doesn't hit it quite right - these are what makes him a great, not just good, player. Loved him all those years ago, lovin' him now!

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Zamora may have lost his pace but he always had a footballing brain that continues to be as sharp as it ever was. I am absolutely delighted that he is becoming a hero to a new generation of fans. The word 'legend' is bandied around a lot - but Bobby is and always will be, a true Albion legend at the club he loves (as he said again on the radio tonight).

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
The only shame with bobby is that he's not a yr or two younger and be able to last 90mins, the reason brum came into the game more when he went off was simply that we had no one else to hold the ball up like he does. His goals to mins played must be very good, anyone know that stat?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I thought apart from goal he was poor today. However far better then Hemed and agree hope he starts with Wilson. However what do I know about football. I would have replaced Zamora with Wilson at half time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here