Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What a save!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't remember the last time a save got a standing ovation.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Even Tomasz Kuszczak applauded him as well.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Despite it being his job, I think we all owe Stockers a drink for that one. Top notch save.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Yes a great save , made up for the mistake for Brums goal

I don't think Stockdale can be blamed for the goal. Their player who shot for the save was totally unmarked, should never have got the shot off in the first place

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Yes a great save , made up for the mistake for Brums goal

I heard somebody make that comment on the radio while driving home and it was rubbish, I was directly behind the shot and he did well to save it and was no way in hell at fault for the goal, it was down to poor defending.

Thank god burrerfingers thought he was too good for us, we would have gone down last year if he had stayed.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I heard somebody make that comment on the radio while driving home and it was rubbish, I was directly behind the shot and he did well to save it and was no way in hell at fault for the goal, it was down to poor defending.

Thank god burrerfingers thought he was too good for us, we would have gone down last year if he had stayed.
Yep - came off him at a strange angle and was just bad luck. 9 times out of 10, that goes for a corner as he is diving left. A deflection, wind or something just made it that it ricocheted right instead of left. If a top flight keeper tells me it is a mistake then I might listen but not when it is just a couple of randoms.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
There's no way that he was to blame for their goal. It was a really good initial save, and the fact that it ballooned straight to their attacker, and not one of our three defenders, was just bad luck.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here