Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What does Hemed do?

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
The poor blokes confidence is shot and seriously needs to score a goal but I can't see how he will, seemed to me to be the worst of the pitch today, deserved a clap off but not a standing applause Shirley ?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
You missed his fine touches, runs taking defenders out of position, harrying and general knackering of their back line, then.
But I applaud the thread title.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I feel for him as he is only a goal away from getting his confidence back, but he is in a team of winners so it will not take long to get that elusive goal he so desperately needs.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
There is a world class striker in there somewhere. he has the all round game and I am 100% positive that when he gets 1 he is going to get a boat load. Holds play up well. Brings others into play. Has a good brain and gets in the right spot time and time again. I am in the Hemed camp.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
He covers a lot of ground, he holds the ball up, he brings people into play and he causes problems in the box.

He just can't buy a goal at the moment unfortunately; it feels like when he finally gets his goal he'll go on to score regularly

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I thought he did really well today. Lots of passes, flicks, turns, showed strength and was a right pain to their back line. Feel for the fella though, badly needs a goal because he can't hit the proverbial barn door at the moment. Expecting Wilson and BZ to start next week.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How many opposition central defenders are thinking:-

'It'll be a really easy day today, that bloke can't hit a cows arse ...'

I'll hazard a guess the answer is somewhere around zero.

I really feel for him, but am not desperately worried all the time he's able to miss decent chances.
If he weren't even getting the chances, he'd be a dead man walking.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
If you can't see what he brings to the team then we must be watching different games. His friendship with Kayal shouldn't be underestimated either. He just needs a lucky goal to go in and then he'll be on another run.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Perhaps listen to Zamoras post match interview..it will give u some insight

Didn't hear that one but caught Greer's interviews and he was talking about how much hard work players did during the match and highlighted a couple of players including Hemed. He mentioned the stats, which I guess they get off the monitoring equipment the players wear under their shirts.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I think he is probably an average Championship striker - solid but nothing special. Fairly sure we need better to make a real fist of it this season but that doesn't make him a bad player or worthy of a lot of the stick he gets on here. Maybe Wilson off of him with Zamora in the mix and we could still do it as you don't necessarily need a league top scorer but with Rhodes, Austin, Gray et al in the league, we need him to get a goal off his ear and get going again or get our own star striker come January.

Seems unlucky in that most of the chances he gets seem to fall on his wrong foot. Or a ridiculous ref stops him putting the ball into an empty net.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Didn't hear that one but caught Greer's interviews and he was talking about how much hard work players did during the match and highlighted a couple of players including Hemed. He mentioned the stats, which I guess they get off the monitoring equipment the players wear under their shirts.
Similar to Greer...but I guess BZ is part of the forwards Union which would give us a clue to where he's coming from

muswellgull

Mar 2, 2007
Muswell Hill, London
Although he has hit a barren patch, his work rate, strength on the ball,...in fact his general ability to be a " busy body" as far as the opposition is concerned, make him, in my opinion, a key reason for our success this season. One of my favourite players!

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Works hard team player appears to have lost half a yard of pace in recent weeks wonder if he has a slight injury

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think he is probably an average Championship striker - solid but nothing special. Fairly sure we need better to make a real fist of it this season but that doesn't make him a bad player or worthy of a lot of the stick he gets on here. Maybe Wilson off of him with Zamora in the mix and we could still do it as you don't necessarily need a league top scorer but with Rhodes, Austin, Gray et al in the league, we need him to get a goal off his ear and get going again or get our own star striker come January.

Seems unlucky in that most of the chances he gets seem to fall on his wrong foot. Or a ridiculous ref stops him putting the ball into an empty net.
He doesn't get much stick at all imo. The odd comment, yes, but generally we've been very supportive of Tomer.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A tremendous amount of work for the team and his link up play wih BZ was brilliant. We lost it when that was broken and BZ went off. He just needs the ball to hit him and go into the net to get him back scoring.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here