Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That was brilliant, absolutely brilliant

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
The team, the fans, everything about our club right now. What a fantastic afternoon watching on the box and jealous of all of you there.

It was a 4-0 performance, and perhaps with the inexplicably disallowed goal and Wilson's shot off the post, it would have been 4.

happy happy happy

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Bad points, Rosenior injury and the absolutely terrible referee. Good points EVERYTHING ELSE.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Bad points, Rosenior injury and the absolutely terrible referee. Good points EVERYTHING ELSE.

Yeah, that looked painful and serious.

Other than that, should have won 5-1!

Feb 14, 2010
What will it take to make you a HAPPY Albion fan? These are great days, try and enjoy them.

Just being objective. We won, tick, the loanee from United missed a 1 on 1 and we failed to make dominance pay in goals, cross, we are top of the league, tick, we are 3 points off third and maybe losing in the play offs, now that would be a cross.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
We are top but only 3 points off third. Let's not get carried away until and if we get a say 6 to 8 point lead of third place.

True, but sometimes it just feels right. We haven't been outplayed yet, are there even any games we deserved to lose? I remember some of our promotions back at the turn of the century, and there were games in October you watched and thought, yep we're going up. Today felt similar.

Its a tough league though, so I'll give you that. There's more competition than we faced back in the bottom division.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just being objective. We won, tick, the loanee from United missed a 1 on 1 and we failed to make dominance pay in goals, cross, we are top of the league, tick, we are 3 points off third and maybe losing in the play offs, now that would be a cross.

I think that you may be supporting the wrong club if you want all those boxes ticked :lolol:

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
i think we need to accept that we do enough to win and no more personally i think we have not reached our peak yet and we can improve i think that will be the case in the 2nd half of the season (looks like il be watching match of the day again)

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
not on the telly they werent, very loud

Fair enough. I was in the South West, so maybe the noise from our fans was drowned out by the Brum.

One thing that did rile me today - we had an absolute pillock in the west lower goading the away fans for the entire 90 minutes. He wore a white baseball cap. I guarantee the **** had it in his pocket when he left the ground.

Other than that, I did enjoy my first match in the south west corner. So much easier to get a pint than in the WSU!

Feb 14, 2010
True, but sometimes it just feels right. We haven't been outplayed yet, are there even any games we deserved to lose? I remember some of our promotions back at the turn of the century, and there were games in October you watched and thought, yep we're going up. Today felt similar.

Its a tough league though, so I'll give you that. There's more competition than we faced back in the bottom division.

I know what you mean. I always had that feeling in the Gary Nelson 3rd division promotion season in the 80's but I was young then! I'm hopeful this lad from United might make the difference needed. Not because he was at United but from the stream he looked dangerous and United fans themselves rate him. However he has to put away 1 on 1's. With him and Zamora now playing a bigger part then we might start scoring more goals. We shall see but as of today its 3 points off third and so a wait and see. Will look at it again if we get 6 to 8 points in front of third.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here