Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] MURPHY WANTS MAXIMUM POINTS

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Jamie Murphy stressed the importance of picking up maximum points in back-to-back games against Birmingham City and Charlton Athletic at the Amex Stadium.The Albion winger is looking forward to facing the first of those tests against the Blues, who currently sit sixth in the Championship table.
He said, "It doesn’t matter if you are at the top or the bottom of the table, home games are almost ‘must-win’.
“They are the games that always excite you as a player, especially with the crowd behind you.
“We’re definitely going to give everything we have to try and win both games, but it’ll be very tough.
“Birmingham have got a good manager and they have a good set-up there. It is going to be my first time playing against them.
“I’m sure all the other boys know their team well and we’ll get clued up and ready to go.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The 26-year-old is pleased to see goals being spread around the team and believes that the increasing competition in the squad is spurring everyone on to improve their performances each week.“We’ve can get goals from all over the pitch. We’ve managed to get some from the wide players and those in the centre of midfield too.
"The strikers have been great as well, but it doesn’t matter to us who scores - it is just about collecting all three points.
“The strength in our squad means that if you put in a poor performance, then you won’t play the next game.
“Everyone in the starting 11 is kept on their toes. We know there are very good players waiting to come in and take the shirt. It’s something that you need and it pushes everyone on.”
Murphy has scored three goals in his last five Albion appearances and is delighted with his own form.
“Growing up as a striker definitely helped with the goals. I never played in midfield until I got to the age of 19.
“You always have that in the back of your head; you are a striker and always want to score goals. You learn to play in different positions and I’m still helping out with assists, which is just as important.
"I think I have done quite well but there's definitely more to come. I'm trying hard every day to improve and reach the goals I've set myself."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here