Sky Bet Championship

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Saturday 28th November 2015
Kick-off: 15:00 GMT
Referee: Gavin Ward
Assistants: David Bushell, Paul Kelly
Fourth official: David Rock

TEAM NEWS

• [*=left]Brighton will monitor the fitness of defenders Uwe Hunemeier (illness) and Inigo Calderon (ankle).
    [*=left]Midfielders Rohan Ince (groin) and Andrew Crofts (hamstring) will also be assessed.
    [*=left]Birmingham City could pick new striker James Vaughan, but fellow loan signing Greg Halford is 'not fit to travel'.
    [*=left]Vaughan has been brought in from Huddersfield Town until January to fill the gap left by Blues top scorer Clayton Donaldson's groin injury.
    [*=left]Brighton also have two new loan signings to pick from, Manchester United striker James Wilson and Wolves winger Rajiv van La Parra.

MATCH FACTS

• [*=left]Brighton have won three of their past four against Blues, including a thrilling 4-3 win in this fixture last season.
    [*=left]Birmingham have only ever twice won at Brighton in the league (in 1994 and 2012), drawing three and losing six.
    [*=left]Brighton have made the second longest unbeaten start to a Championship season since it was rebranded in 2004-05 (W9, D8), beaten only by QPR in 2010-11 (19 games).
    [*=left]Birmingham have used fewer players this season than any other Championship side (19).
    [*=left]Brighton have won all six of their home games in which they have been ahead this season - only Middlesbrough have won more (7).
    [*=left] Blues top scorer Clayton Donaldson (5) also has the most assists in the division this season (6).

D

Deleted User X18H

His decisions are flawed it must be Gavin Ward - someone once wrote.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
1-0
and I don't care who scores it

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Extremely confident since the arrival of Wilson

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Marvellous news to hear Donaldson is out.

Indeed. He would have been the major threat.
I'm looking forward to both Birmingham & ourselves being outside of the play-off places come 5pm. I'm very excited about seeing the pace and movement of young Wilson - a totally new attacking dimension from what we had at Burnley.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We are due to get a hatful against somebody with the chances we are creating.

Yes. There have been a number of games at the Amex where either Baldock or Hemed should have had 2+ goals by halftime. With two better finishers starting in the team, we could be in for this hatful you so crave!

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
We are due to get a hatful against somebody with the chances we are creating.

We've heard that said quite a lot during the Amex years and yet somehow, whatever team we put out and whatever system we play, it very rarely happens. We just seem to find it difficult to achieve wins with a comfortable goal margin.

I'm going for my usual 1-1 prediction but hope for a Wilson hat-trick. But even then the bloke behind me will doubtless spend the entire match calling him "lightweight" and "not up to Championship standard".

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I'm worried. The tension is building each game. We've come through tough away games unbeaten and people are getting overconfident about this one, especially now we have Wilson. It could all unravel today. I hope I'm wrong.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
This is a freakin big one. All form points to a draw but I can't see it happening. Wilson to score on his debut from the bench, Hemed the other. They might sneak one in and we'll get squeeky bums.
0-0

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Good luck today to the Brighton boys! Let's not get complacent as Birmingham are a strong side, but it definitely feels like our boys are in the mood for a win! Derby beating Hull has given us a brilliant chance to retain the top spot so hoping we don't waste the opportunity.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here