Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion loan star insists he gets on well with United boss [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion loan starlet James Wilson says he gets on well with Louis Van Gaal.
The Manchester United manager rubber-stamped Wilson’s loan move to the Seagulls for the rest of the season in the 20-club race to borrow the teenage striker after using him only twice in the current campaign.
Wilson, 19, admits the lack of game time at Old Trafford has been frustrating but said: “We get on. He tries to see the players as much as possible, individually and as a group. He wants to get the best out of his players and he wants to know how to get the best out of his players.
“I think we agreed before any of the clubs that were mentioned. Brighton were the first club and he wanted me to come here as well for the experience but for the club as well.
“It’s a good club and you know you can come and play your football so he thought this was the best move for me as well as I did.”

Van Gaal, under fire from sections of the United fan base for a boring style of play and letting Wilson go, said: “I have not always chosen him and I think for him it’s better to play at his age than sit on the bench or play in the second squad.
“In the short-term, maybe, it’s not so good for Manchester United but in the long-term it is better. It is part of the development of a player. We believe in him and when we need him we can call him back.”
Wilson has been signed by Albion on a youth loan as he is under 20, so United have the right of recall after 28 days.
He is poised for his debut against Birmingham at the Amex today after recovering from a minor injury which ruled him out at Watford last Saturday to make the bench for United’s Champions League draw with PSV Eindhoven at Old Trafford on Wednesday.
Wilson said: “I had a slight knee injury for that but I’ve trained the past few days. I’m ready.
“It’s a good game to come into but any game time for me is a great addition to my development and fitness. It will be a good experience for me while I’m here.
“I try not to put too much pressure on myself but I think there’s plenty of goals in the Championship for me hopefully this season.”
A majority of voters in an Argus website poll want Wilson to start against Birmingham, preferably in partnership with Bobby Zamora.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here