Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breaking News ......... Corbyn in favour of ISIS bombing!

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Puts things into perspective I guess - 'sick' to make a joke about bombing London where less than a hundred have been killed but perfectly OK to talk about really bombing Syria where hundreds of thousands have been killed ???

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Puts things into perspective I guess - 'sick' to make a joke about bombing London where less than a hundred have been killed but perfectly OK to talk about really bombing Syria where hundreds of thousands have been killed ???

You're proper weird. Of course it's okay to talk about possibly killing thousands. That's the point about talking. If you think there's some sort of equivalence between talking maturely, sensibly and seriously about the possibility of thousands dying and joking about murdering a hundred then you need to have a long think.

Dec 29, 2011

Didn't you get the memo? Our lives are more important.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Didn't you get the memo? Our lives are more important.
yeah, they are, it's perfectly normal to consider yourself and your own and the people who share your way of life and live close to you more important , that's not saying that people consider Syrians lives as unimportant, just not as important as ours.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
You're proper weird. Of course it's okay to talk about possibly killing thousands. That's the point about talking. If you think there's some sort of equivalence between talking maturely, sensibly and seriously about the possibility of thousands dying and joking about murdering a hundred then you need to have a long think.

You're missing the point!

Regarding Syria - much of the talk, (and many of the threads), has been about the politicians who really want to bomb Syria where hundreds of thousands have been killed.

Regarding London - a single joke about a politician wanting to bomb London induces calls for a thread to be removed.

Never suggested that there is any "equivalence" - Read my post - It was highlighting the difference between the two.

If you're going to censor such posts then the terrorists have won!

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
No, but it doesn't mean you're not a rather sad idiot

I guess Jeremy Corbyn brings out the worst in me ... reminds me of my father ... a conscientious objector! Spent much of the war years in prison doing absolutely nothing for his country – unlike my Father-in-law a 17 year old naval rating on the battleship HMS Warspite in 1939, who saw 5 medal winning years of extraordinary action restraining the Nazis. And survived – an unsung hero.

Wish I could admire my dad! Alas, he carried on his cheating, irresponsible, intellectual ways for the next 70 odd years.

So I wasn’t joking – I was being contemptuous!

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/1991/feb/19/northernireland.duncancampbell#top

Two of my colleagues dashed out of the office to help. Lionel futilely was trying to swab the dying man with a hole in his stomach/ chest – David was attending the young girl who lost her leg, he later visited her in hospital and they were for some time friends. They were later officially commended.

It wasn’t the noise, so much I remember, as the pressure! It felt like all the walls around were going to buckle. And it started snowing – inside Victoria station – but it wasn’t white, it wasn’t snow – it was black - soot – decades and decades of build-up on the roof and rafters.

Jeremy thought the IRA struggle and tactics were justified – didn’t he? Why do I get the impression he thinks our enemies are always right and we are always wrong?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
OP wasn't making a joke about the people that have been killed in previous bombings in London, he was making a point of what a traitorous teat Corbyn is. Luckily nobody has ever made a joke relating to WW1 or 2. The sensitive souls on here would spontaneously combust.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
OP wasn't making a joke about the people that have been killed in previous bombings in London, he was making a point of what a traitorous teat Corbyn is. Luckily nobody has ever made a joke relating to WW1 or 2. The sensitive souls on here would spontaneously combust.

Why is he a traitorous cheat for not wanting to risk the lives of thousands of innocent people to pursue political aims ?

I don't honestly believe that there are totally honest motives in this game. Everyone knows ISIS are evil scum bags, but everyone has an agenda in Syria, and it goes beyond peace and all its phoney rhetoric.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I guess Jeremy Corbyn brings out the worst in me ... reminds me of my father ... a conscientious objector! Spent much of the war years in prison doing absolutely nothing for his country – unlike my Father-in-law a 17 year old naval rating on the battleship HMS Warspite in 1939, who saw 5 medal winning years of extraordinary action restraining the Nazis. And survived – an unsung hero.

Wish I could admire my dad! Alas, he carried on his cheating, irresponsible, intellectual ways for the next 70 odd years.

So I wasn’t joking – I was being contemptuous!

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/1991/feb/19/northernireland.duncancampbell#top

Two of my colleagues dashed out of the office to help. Lionel futilely was trying to swab the dying man with a hole in his stomach/ chest – David was attending the young girl who lost her leg, he later visited her in hospital and they were for some time friends. They were later officially commended.

It wasn’t the noise, so much I remember, as the pressure! It felt like all the walls around were going to buckle. And it started snowing – inside Victoria station – but it wasn’t white, it wasn’t snow – it was black - soot – decades and decades of build-up on the roof and rafters.

Jeremy thought the IRA struggle and tactics were justified – didn’t he? Why do I get the impression he thinks our enemies are always right and we are always wrong?
Great post.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

Spot on , this is a board that allows , and has had people finding them funny , jokes about Madeleine McCann in the past.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Why is he a traitorous cheat for not wanting to risk the lives of thousands of innocent people to pursue political aims ?

I don't honestly believe that there are totally honest motives in this game. Everyone knows ISIS are evil scum bags, but everyone has an agenda in Syria, and it goes beyond peace and all its phoney rhetoric.

Ask the OP, he was the one I said was making the point! It may be because Corbyn is an IRA licking piece of shit.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Nowhere near as many 'sensitive souls' on HIGNFY tonight - plenty of 'jokes' at the politician's and police expense regarding the conflict in Syria resulting in resounding laughter.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here