Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loan Player Procedure

el punal

Very pleased that we have the services of James Wilson, who has stated that he chose the Albion above zillions of other clubs who were also trying to bag him.

My question is, does the player going out on loan (James Wilson) have any say on where he would like to go, or does his parent club (Man.Utd) dictate the move? Either way a lot kudos must go the way of Chris Hughton and his staff for persuading player and club that we offer the best deal.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm a bit worried that they have a recall option - let's hope Man U strikers stay fit and they sign another in Jan...!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Very pleased that we have the services of James Wilson, who has stated that he chose the Albion above zillions of other clubs who were also trying to bag him.

My question is, does the player going out on loan (James Wilson) have any say on where he would like to go, or does his parent club (Man.Utd) dictate the move? Either way a lot kudos must go the way of Chris Hughton and his staff for persuading player and club that we offer the best deal.

I dont know for sure but they must work hand in glove as it is of no use to either if the other doesnt agree with being at that particular club.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I'm a bit worried that they have a recall option - let's hope Man U strikers stay fit and they sign another in Jan...!

If he is on a half season loan, those do not have a recall in them.

However I presume he is on a short term loan until the 1st January and then it becomes a long term loan, so in theory he could be recalled at this point.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i'd imagine its very much a joint decision. you read players saying they dont want to go on loan and fight for their place, others saying they want the move to get game time. club/manager probably determine whether the loan club is suitable for the player, suit their style etc. recall reading some clubs will only allow loans nearby so they can keep an eye on the progress. very good bit of work all round to land this loan, would have thought they need the cover...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If he is on a half season loan, those do not have a recall in them.

However I presume he is on a short term loan until the 1st January and then it becomes a long term loan, so in theory he could be recalled at this point.

So from January the 2nd we definately don't have to worry about him being recalled? Is that definately correct? I assume it's until Jan 1st the first one...?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
So from January the 2nd we definately don't have to worry about him being recalled? Is that definately correct? I assume it's until Jan 1st the first one...?

I am not 100% sure but I thought it was the other way around. I thought they can recall him after 1st January but not before that

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
They can recall him after 28 days have passed. If in January we firm up the half season loan then they can't recall him. The point they can will be from 28 days up til the point that is done.

If we set the half season loan up on January 1st rathen the period where there will be a risk of recall will be very short

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
They can recall him after 28 days have passed. If in January we firm up the half season loan then they can't recall him. The point they can will be from 28 days up til the point that is done.

If we set the half season loan up on January 1st rathen the period where there will be a risk of recall will be very short

Thanks mate - are you 100% sure on those rules? So hopefully if they are going to recall it can only be about a 1 week period in 28days time?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton

Same as the Richer Sounds 5 year guarantee where you get a 2 hour window on the first Wednesday with an odd numbered date in 5 years time to get your money back (may be a slight exaggeration before they sue me).

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I hope he scores an absolute hatful of goals between now and Jan 1st. If that means a recall then so be it. Calieri will just have to pick up the baton from then on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here