Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] WILSON: ONLY ONE CLUB IN IT

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Manchester United loan arrival James Wilson has revealed that Brighton & Hove Albion was only one club he wanted to join on loan, and sees the move as a opportunity to further his career.He said, "There were a lot of clubs interested, but there was only one horse in the race for me. It's a brilliant club, brilliant facilities, and I think the style of play will suit my game, so that was the basis behind my decision.
"You have to think 'How can I develop as a player?' Manchester United agreed that it was a good move for me to go out on loan.
"There were a lot of good clubs that came in for me but once Brighton were mentioned, I've been monitoring them, because they've been doing well in the league. I've watched a few of the games when I can, so it was an easy decision for me really.
"I asked Jesse Lingard for some advice too, and about what it was like here. He told me it's a great club. Everyone I've spoken to has said it's a brilliant set-up and a brilliant club, with a great bunch of lads."

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Wilson completed his move late yesterday afternoon, just ahead of the 5pm loan deadline, and says he is ready for Albion's home game against Birmingham City tomorrow, having shaken off a minor knock which ruled him out of Manchester United's game at Watford last week."I went into the training ground at around four o'clock and I didn't sign the papers until about half past four, quarter to five, and then that had to get validated and sent down to the club, so it was a bit of a nervy time, but it all got sorted and then I drove down last night and was ready to go this morning.
"The manager is very well-known. he's been at a lot of Premier League clubs. He rang me yesterday and said that I'm coming into a great club with great lads.
"It was very reassuring for him to show his interest in me as a player and as a person as well. It was good to get that phone call from him.
"Coming to the Amex which holds 30,000 will be a good experience for me. If I was playing in the reserves it's nothing compared to a Championship game so that's another element I needed in my development."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here