Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "There were a lot of clubs interested but there was only one horse in the race for me...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
"There were a lot of clubs interested but there was only one horse in the race for me...

...It's a brilliant club, brilliant facilities, and I think the style of play will suit my game, so that was the basis behind my decision."

Nice one James, I think we're all going to get on just fine.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
How to win friends and influence people. :thumbsup:

As Bozza says, I think we're going to get along fine.

Hypothetically though, one wonders if he does well and we were to get promoted, might MU want to loan him out for a season at PL level next year? Advance planning I know, but a thought...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This isn't......

Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 1h1 hour ago
"We have to think what is best for the player," van Gaal explains on James Wilson's loan move. "If we need him we can recall him." #mufc

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
I'm really surprised by this - how many other new signings say complimentary things about the club they have just joined?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I hope someone has told him to wave to the fans.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
This isn't......

Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 1h1 hour ago
"We have to think what is best for the player," van Gaal explains on James Wilson's loan move. "If we need him we can recall him." #mufc

Party pooper

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
...It's a brilliant club, brilliant facilities, and I think the style of play will suit my game, so that was the basis behind my decision."

Hmmm.............new loan signing talks the talk..............

Here's hoping he does the harder bit in the forthcoming weeks.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euKwtKYYV1g

James Wilson says it was an easy decision for him to join Albion.

The 19-year-old Manchester United striker had 20 clubs chasing him from the bottom half of the Premier League, the Championship and League One but he had no hesitation in joining the Seagulls for the rest of the season.

Wilson, told The Argus: "There were a lot of clubs interested but there was only one horse in the race for me.

"It's a brilliant club, brilliant facilities, and I think the style of play will suit my game, so that was the basis behind my decision.

"There were a lot of good clubs that came in for me but once Brighton were mentioned I've been monitoring them, because they've been doing well in the league.

"I've watched a few of the games when I can, so it was an easy decision for me really."

Albion got the thumbs-up from Manchester United team-mate Jesse Lingard, who was on loan to the Seagulls two seasons ago and has now forced his way into the starting X1 at Old Trafford.

ADVERTISING

"I asked for some advice about what it was like," Wilson revealed. "He said it's a great club. Everyone I've spoken to has said it's a brilliant set-up and brilliant club with a great bunch of lads."

Wilson is in contentioon to start alongside Tomer Hemed or Bobby Zamora against Birmingham at the Amex tomorrow.

He said: "I find it difficult to lead the line on my own. Being a young player and still developing it's a difficult job to do, especially if you are at the top of the Championship.

"I think it will benefit me playing up front with someone else to work off. Hopefully we can get a good relationship and good understanding between us and take it onto the field."

Wilson has already been welcomed by Albion legend Zamora. He said: "He (Zamora) was one of the first lads I met this morning. He seems a really nice guy and everything I've heard about him is all good.

Share article

"He's obviously a great professional to go on as long he has and with all the experience he's goat and goals in the Premier League and Championship as well. It's a good player to have in the changing room."

* Follow the link to the clip of The Argus quizzing James Wilson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euKwtKYYV1g

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Arrogant little shit - clearly thinks we're Uniteds feeder club. Send him back. Not welcome :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here