Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] LuaLua: "It is a concern, but hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer...we hope"

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Get him fully right before bringing him back in, as we'll need him in the run in. I'd hate him to come back too soon and then break down again.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Why are people surprised.....
This is typical of Lua Lua (and most wingers,see Buckley)

Just so frustrating

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Only ever fit for half a season isn't he? I seem to recall this syndrome of missing 5 times as many games as expected most time he gets injured, which is quite often. Hence my suggestion that we should just play him as an impact sub fro 20 mins when he is fit :shrug:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What is his injury ? Don't need a doctors report but what part of his body ?

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Get him fully right before bringing him back in, as we'll need him in the run in. I'd hate him to come back too soon and then break down again.
Shirley, it's such a fine line between fully fit and breaking down, it doesn't really matter.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Unfortunately its a very common downside for a player who's main asset is explosive pace - they are just cripplingly fragile, and always seem to be on the brink of another strain, or tear, or pull. Michael Owen was pretty much ruined not long after his mid-20's, and had been a shadow of the player who'd burst onto the scene at 17. He was a busted flush by the time he wound his career down at United.

KLL is nearly 25 now, which is no age at all, or shouldn't be. But he's not going to start healing any quicker as he gets older. I think we'll be lucky to get more than half a season out of him most of the time now.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
One of the reasons that numerous managers have used him as an impact sub, perhaps?

We shouldn't be surprised. I'm not that gutted as I just assume he's out and see it as a bonus when he's not. He's our Walcott.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I thought this thread was about HB&B asking a sensible question at the press conference or writing something intelligible in the Brighton Independent :(

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Burying the bad news right now, is that so it will get lost of because there is good news that will swamp it? I'm off to sit down in preparation

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Fairly long term injury + balsa wood player + less than a weeks training (at the time of writing) = not worth risking.

It's bloody frustrating as we really need him, but I think waiting will be worth it. If he's still out on the 5th, then maybe then is the time for concern.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here