Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Net migration to UK hits record 336,000, statistics show

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Estimated net migration to the UK reached a record 336,000 in the year to June, Office for National Statistics (ONS) figures have shown.

The figure - the difference between the number of people arriving and leaving - was 82,000 more than the previous year.

Statisticians said the latest rise was down to a "statistically significant" increase in the numbers of people arriving in the UK.

The government aims to get net migration down to five figures by 2020.

Jay Lindop, head of population statistics at the ONS, said the latest figure "remains the highest on record".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34931725

And on we go ... are they having a laugh?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Includes an increase of 50,000 Romanian and Bulgarians who the lefties assured us they wouldn't want to come here. pfffffffft

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
What about me? I live in Sweden with my girlfriend of 6 years. She's "unskilled" and we're not married. Is she allowed back with me or should I leave her here?

Good question, this would come under hubris of chain immigration, which is being used by muslim invaders to rapidly expand their numbers. Now ignoring the politics its unsustainable and wil need to be ended, I would say tough luck. In better times there would be no problem but now? We are full so she and you if you want to stay together can get stuffed, we are full.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Good question, this would come under hubris of chain immigration, which is being used by muslim invaders to rapidly expand their numbers. Now ignoring the politics its unsustainable and wil need to be ended, I would say tough luck. In better times there would be no problem but now? We are full so she and you if you want to stay together can get stuffed, we are full.

It is a good question. It's a good question because there are no simple answers like the one you've given.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
You mean the 29 million that right wingers told the lefties about? pffft

You'll need to provide a source for that as I think you desperately made it up, as I remember the Express and Sun originally quoting about 1/2 a million. Lot more than the 10,000the Government promised.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
It is a good question. It's a good question because there are no simple answers like the one you've given.

Any complicated answer will come to the same conclusion.A small Island is always going to have diminishing returns to population expansion. Wereas immigration has exponential growth. The short answer the longer the problem is left then the more harsher the solution.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
You'll need to provide a source for that as I think you desperately made it up, as I remember the Express and Sun originally quoting about 1/2 a million. Lot more than the 10,000the Government promised.

I remember it well, as people were laughing at them, and pointing out that 29 million was the population of Romania. I think you are 'desperately' clutching at straws.

http://www.politics.co.uk/news/2014...f-scaremongering-after-number-of-romanians-in
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...its-And-gipsy-community-hardly-wait-here.html

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
You mean the 29 million that right wingers told the lefties about? pffft

No-one ever said that their entire population was likely to arrive, but the 'right wingers' did say that there would be significant numbers likely to come here, you on the left in your usual blindspot told us no way, why would they blah blah blah !!

I always felt it rather odd why you would somehow submit your view of non migration from Romania and Bulgaria as the strength of your argument, rather than just saying well even if it does mean mass migration from those countries why not, that would have been your only honest and accurate response, but you didnt you said it wouldnt happen when it actually has, so you are wrong, again.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
No-one ever said that their entire population was likely to arrive, but the 'right wingers' did say that there would be significant numbers likely to come here, you on the left in your usual blindspot told us no way, why would they blah blah blah !!

I always felt it rather odd why you would somehow submit your view of non migration from Romania and Bulgaria as the strength of your argument, rather than just saying well even if it does mean mass migration from those countries why not, that would have been your only honest and accurate response, but you didnt you said it wouldnt happen when it actually has, so you are wrong, again.

I was answering Looneys post.

Nobody said that Romanians would not come. Not one person. What people laughed at was the 29 million implied figure that was quoted widely by rightwing sources..

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Exactly, it was stated that the population was 29 million, not that 29 million would come, usual twist of words to suit.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I was answering Looneys post.

Nobody said that Romanians would not come. Not one person. What people laughed at was the 29 million implied figure that was quoted widely by rightwing sources..

It was that Romanian and Bulgarian migration was a new potential 29 million persons with free unrestricted movement into an already big mix of uncontrolled immigration, that was the point being made and it was a fair one.

It was the left as usual unable to use any sense of foresight or consequence of the likely outcome, again and again you get proved wrong its yours and others blindspot.

I guess its the consequence of shouting xenophobe or racist back in the day at people that were smarter than you.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
It was that Romanian and Bulgarian migration was a new potential 29 million persons with free unrestricted movement into an already big mix of uncontrolled immigration, that was the point being made and it was a fair one.

It was the left as usual unable to use any sense of foresight or consequence of the likely outcome, again and again you get proved wrong its yours and others blindspot.

I guess its the consequence of shouting xenophobe or racist back in the day at people that were smarter than you.

Nigel Farage did state a specific figure though - 5,000 a week for a 'number of years' - that's 5 times the actual figure

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What about me? I live in Sweden with my girlfriend of 6 years. She's "unskilled" and we're not married. Is she allowed back with me or should I leave her here?

I think if you post a poll along with some pictures of her, we'll be able to help you with that decision.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
We have to get out of the EU and only allow in people with the required skills from former commonwealth countries

There are three former Commonwealth countries - Gambia, Ireland and Zimbabwe.

If you mean 'Commonwealth Nations', what's so special about someone from, say, Malaysia or Bangladesh that would prohibit someone from, say, France or Spain from coming here? For that matter, what's so special about any Commonwealth country?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here