Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tyson Fury

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Does anybody think that he will give Klitschko a real fight?

I really hope that Fury stands by what he has been saying.By that I mean he comes to fight.
He has 4 things going for him but not much else.

He has a confidence that I honestly believe is genuine.
He has a reach advantage
He has a height advantage
He has an age advantage.

Apart from that everything is against him.

The only way I can see him winning is to fight fire with fire.
I don't mean to just stand & trade punches with Klitschko because he will lose but
to be aggressive.
Be first to the punch,use your speed & height advantage.
Fight on the front foot.
The minute he starts retreating then it's all over.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I don't think it's in Furys nature to retreat. He has.the ability to really take the fight to klitschko and get under his skin.
Succeed in that and he could get the win

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It has been good to see the banter mixed with mutual respect for this fight.

Compared to all the Haye/Chisora carp, it makes boxing look like a proper sport again. Fury's poking fun, yes, and trying to gain a psychological advantage by doing so (fair enough, all part of the game), and Klitshko (sp?) is showing a degree of dignity that was unthinkable all those years when loud mouthed Yanks thought the world heavyweight championship was their's by divine right.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I love the way Fury talks.He oozes confidence & wit/humour while still acknowledging his opponents achievements.

I personally think that his self belief will not be enough to overcome Klitschkos ability & fitness that Fury will be sadly lacking in.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wouldn't happen in Germany

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Neither has anyone else in the division until they fight Wlad. One day someone has to beat him and Tyson has better attributes than anyone else who's tried in the last ten years.

At least Haye had beaten Valuev (no quality, but larger than Wlad) and Ruiz. Fury = knocked down by Cunningham, 12 rounds with Johnson, ten rounds with an unmotivated Chisora.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He seemed quite nervy in the last press conference?

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
No. Especially not if he takes the fight to him, he is better off boxing on the back foot against Wlad. Fury is very big, awkward and can switch it up but his best opponent to date has been Chisora, and he hardly looked spectacular against him.

peterward

Nov 11, 2009
Fury has fought nobody yet at the elite level, a lot of bums and journeymay in his 24-0, Nicolai Firtha had him reeling before the ref bizarrely and controversially stopped fight, Nevan Pajkic put him on his arse in video below on about 6:20, before Fury recovered and knocked him out.

Fury is big, strong but also wooden and hasn't fought anybody of real quality, I think Klitchko will knock him out easily. David Haye fought some tough and quality opponents before making an arse of himself against Wladimir, Fury hasn't yet, and he looks out of his depth, though it only takes one punch and anything can happen ala Hasim Rahman/Lennox Lewis, I can't see it unless by a freak punch.

But sometime in the next few years Anthony Joshua will beat any of these guys, he's f**king awesome, he will rule the heavyweight division as did Lewis, fit, agile, currently 13-0 and utter class.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I've told you all along Tyson Fury was the real deal whilst some of you CHUMPS thought that big STIFF David Price was , Saturday will see the CROWNING of KING Tyson

He has a punchers chance only reliant on landing the one big blow. If he does it he will win if not he will get hammered. The big question is will he land that 1 blow, I dont think he will get the chance but there is always the possibility with a heavy puncher however the fight is going..

peterward

Nov 11, 2009
I've told you all along Tyson Fury was the real deal whilst some of you CHUMPS thought that big STIFF David Price was , Saturday will see the CROWNING of KING Tyson

Fury is NOT the real deal, maybe the MEAL deal?

Anthony Joshua will unify the heavy weight division in the next few years, he's only just starting out as a pro, 13-0 with 13 KO's, the only boxer to ever stop Kevin Johnson when he knocked him out, the same Johnson who went the distance with Klitchko, he sparred with Fury and Fury openly admits 'Joshua beat me up' in sparring.

Joshua will have his fights handpicked to gain experience, but watch this space, he will destroy the likes of Fury, when the time comes and it will one day soon, far to fast, powerful and agile.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Fury is NOT the real deal, maybe the MEAL deal?

Anthony Joshua will unify the heavy weight division in the next few years, he's only just starting out as a pro, 13-0 with 13 KO's, the only boxer to ever stop Kevin Johnson when he knocked him out, the same Johnson who went the distance with Klitchko, he sparred with Fury and Fury openly admits 'Joshua beat me up' in sparring.

Joshua will have his fights handpicked to gain experience, but watch this space, he will destroy the likes of Fury, when the time comes and it will one day soon, far to fast, powerful and agile.

AJ is 14-0 (14) now. Whilst I agree he looks a very special talent and could well go on to becoming one of the best Heavyweights this country has produced, we have not seen him really tested yet. Only when he gets hit on the chin, and comes back to win will we know if he really has what it takes. December 12th he takes on Dillian Whyte who has also been knocking everyone out and beat AJ in the armatures. Could well be a test but I suspect this will be another miss match and won't last 3 rounds. Really looking forward to seeing how his career unfolds.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Fury has fought nobody yet at the elite level, a lot of bums and journeymay in his 24-0, Nicolai Firtha had him reeling before the ref bizarrely and controversially stopped fight, Nevan Pajkic put him on his arse in video below on about 6:20, before Fury recovered and knocked him out.

Fury is big, strong but also wooden and hasn't fought anybody of real quality, I think Klitchko will knock him out easily. David Haye fought some tough and quality opponents before making an arse of himself against Wladimir, Fury hasn't yet, and he looks out of his depth, though it only takes one punch and anything can happen ala Hasim Rahman/Lennox Lewis, I can't see it unless by a freak punch.

But sometime in the next few years Anthony Joshua will beat any of these guys, he's f**king awesome, he will rule the heavyweight division as did Lewis, fit, agile, currently 13-0 and utter class.

I dont see Fury winning either, but that being said he has improved dramatically since them fights you posed, you cant really use them as a benchmark.

His chin isnt great, but neither is Wlads, but I still think Wlad wins by KO. Saying that he has something the Klitschko team are weary about, they paid Tyson a while back to to an all expenses training camp for 'sparing' and didnt have him step into the ring once, but they still kept him there for 2 weeks and watched him.

And Joshua has been knocking over post and milkmen for far, there is no point making any judgements until after the Whyte fight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here