Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Brighton wonderkid. When?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Quality. Although I'm sure birthday said 98 so not 15 anymore. At first I thought he was doing too many tricks when simple touches would do but towards the end he was doing more simple things. Surely he's going Barca or something...?

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Quality. Although I'm sure birthday said 98 so not 15 anymore. At first I thought he was doing too many tricks when simple touches would do but towards the end he was doing more simple things. Surely he's going Barca or something...?

After his breakthrough season with a norwegian side aged 15. He was bought by real Madrid.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Looks impressive on that video but could he do it in this league?

I would imagine after a few tricks he would get kicked to high heaven. Suppose it would be good if he perfected diving in the box, maybe he could get lessons from zaha on that.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
He's playing for Madrids B team Castilla at the moment and has made11appearances so far this season, there's also been strong rumours that he will be sent out on loan soon either to a team in a higher league there or to the Championship.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
I watched almost 3 minutes and I think there's only been one goal. Might look fancy, but no end product. Reminds me of a young Christiano Ronaldo in many ways.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Me & the missus - working on this as we speak.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
4-6 years until we start to see real local talent in numbers coming through. That said, when the training ground was opened Brighton did manage to bring back quite a few young lads who had left for better academies.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
We have two already, if you consider that playing international football is a pinnacle. Solly March came through our youngsters, got released, but then picked up again aged 17, and is now playing England U21 matches.
JFC has come through every level with us, and also plays for England U21.

Cue, lots of people now saying they're not good enough. Twelve years ago, we got very excited that BZ played an occasional game for the U21s, and now we have three players in that squad. We don't appreciate what we've already got.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
What about that Icelandic kid? Iceland is probably due a wonderkid, and is suitably exotic - exoticness being the principal factor in determining flair.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
People need to relax themselves on the whole wonderkid thing. So many players get labelled a wonderkid and many fall by the wayside. Remember Freddy Adu? The American teenager nicknamed the new Pele at 14, linked with the likes of Man U, Real Madrid etc. He ended up as a journeyman.

Martin Odegaard has been on loan to Castilla but has had problems. Apparently his father (and agent) was most unhappy at the fact he wasn't training with the first team. This seems to have had an influence on the boys attitude and it's touch and go whether he'll make the impression people felt he was capable of.

Can anyone actually remember any "wonderkids" that made the grade and fulfilled the promise they were meant to have at 15?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Stop posting on NSC and focus, man.

I am at my most virile when posting on NSC. When I've planted my seed I'm going make the missus watch that Vicente video over and over again.

Trust me, I know what I'm doing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here