Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] ALBION SUPPORT THE WHITE RIBBON CAMPAIGN

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Wednesday saw the first of 16 days of awareness to end violence against women, and it’s a campaign that Brighton & Hove Albion will be supporting at the Amex on Saturday.

The White Ribbon Campaign is a project, led by men, to raise awareness of the role that men and boys can take in preventing violence against women. Wearing a White Ribbon is a personal pledge never to commit, condone nor remain silent about such violence.We know that most men are good. Most men don't commit sexual or domestic violence or abuse, but we also know that many of us ignore the problem, or see it as something which doesn't have anything to do with us. It does, and we have a responsibility to challenge it. We can be part of the solution.
Albion striker Bobby Zamora said, “Almost half of all women in the UK experience domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking. Those numbers are daughters, sisters, wives, girlfriends and friends. I know that as a footballer I have a unique opportunity to act as a positive role model for the fans and I want to use my profile and the profile of the club to raise awareness of the issue.”
Take the pledge. Just like in football, no single player can win a match, it takes teamwork. Join Bobby and all of us at the Albion and do what you can to help. Speak up when men say or do things that you wouldn’t want your sisters, wives or children to experience. We need to say it’s not okay and to become part of the solution.

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Did you know? -Almost half of all women in the UK experience domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking
-Violence against women causes more deaths and disability amongst women aged 15-44 than cancer, malaria, traffic accidents and war
-Only 5% of young women feel safe in Britain today, 73% worry about being raped
-Male violence towards women isn’t always physical; it could be sexual, emotional, verbal or financial tooFor more information, visit [url]www.whiteribboncampaign.co.uk[/URL]

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here