Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Three Bridges FC v Albion U21s, Parafix Sussex Senior Cup 2nd Round, 7:45pm tonight

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Venue: Jubilee Field, Three Bridges. Winners face Eastbourne Borough in the third round.

Anyone going along? If so, any chance you could post a pic of the team line-ups or a teamsheet? :thumbsup:

Felt sorry for Daniel A took his goal well early on but then had a mare with so many missed one on ones. Good to see Harper and Tilley for first time both looked very good

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Venue: Jubilee Field, Three Bridges. Winners face Eastbourne Borough in the third round.

Anyone going along? If so, any chance you could post a pic of the team line-ups or a teamsheet? :thumbsup:

be interested to hear your views on the U21 results and progress. Coming from a knowledge base of very little, I have to say I was rather disappointed with this result but maybe I am being unreasonable. Are they being as successful as they should be?

Harper substituted on 56 minutes. Was this tactical (would seem unlikely, we were winning 1-0 at the time) an injury (hope not and certainly not mentioned in the report) or maybe he's going to be in the squad on Saturday?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If the players cannot score against County League opposition it doesnt hold well for joining the first team and as the coaching staff say the likes of Harper and Hambro arent ready yet.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If the players cannot score against County League opposition it doesnt hold well for joining the first team and as the coaching staff say the likes of Harper and Hambro arent ready yet.

Hambo wasn't playing. Harper was subbed with us winning. Apart form that carry on.

Or not fit enough and didn't want to risk injury

I doubt that. Why would they start him if he wasn't fit enough? He'd be on the bench if that was the case.

And I think he's played 90 minutes in previous games although I might be wrong.

It could have been that he got injured in the game but I think they would have mentioned it in the report.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hambo wasn't playing. Harper was subbed with us winning. Apart form that carry on.

I wasnt talking of the game and the result but of the specifics of scoring against non league opposition and the fact many on here are suggesting they are the answer to our goalscoring but the coaching stafff say neither are ready yet. It appears they know more than most on here.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Poor result, someone told me chances for both sides but even so you should go to these clubs with little preparation and a hard days work behind them and win.

Poor result, someone told me chances for both sides but even so you should go to these clubs with little preparation and a hard days work behind them and win.

Albion should have won 6-2, it was a very one-sided match, also a blatant penalty not given. The disappointing thing from Simon Rusk's POV was that as soon as Bridges scored, the fight went out of the team.

Questions will still be asked about whether someone like Akindayini does benefit from the usual development squad fixtures against other youth players, or would it be better to send him out on a season's loan in lower league where he'll play against committed experienced defenders, where he can hone his technique in front of goal, which did look like it needed a lot of work. Somewhere like Eastbourne or Lewes. At the moment he shouldn't be part of our match day 18 like he was at Burnley.

Tilley looked the most likely from those on show to make the step up even though he was a reserve last night, one blinding run and shot that might have rescued the game. Harper looked bright enough but may need longer.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Albion should have won 6-2, it was a very one-sided match, also a blatant penalty not given. The disappointing thing from Simon Rusk's POV was that as soon as Bridges scored, the fight went out of the team.

Questions will still be asked about whether someone like Akindayini does benefit from the usual development squad fixtures against other youth players, or would it be better to send him out on a season's loan in lower league where he'll play against committed experienced defenders, where he can hone his technique in front of goal, which did look like it needed a lot of work. Somewhere like Eastbourne or Lewes. At the moment he shouldn't be part of our match day 18 like he was at Burnley.

Tilley looked the most likely from those on show to make the step up even though he was a reserve last night, one blinding run and shot that might have rescued the game. Harper looked bright enough but may need longer.

I see that you have converted each Albion's effort as a 'should of scored' whilst only attributing Three Bridges actual goals for their 'should of scored' although they too had a number of other chances that you have conveniently dismissed as irrelevant.

Spoke to someone extremely close to the team/club without being a part of the set up in anyway and has a sound knowledge of the game.

He said BHA were useless in the second half, couldnt pass the ball and were very poor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here