Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the latest you have arrived for a game.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We drove to Anfield fo a game and due to problems on the M6 had to do a detour and arrived at in time to see Brian Horton score a consolation goal in the last few minutes of 4-1 defeat.

Once went to Brentford on a Wed night on my way home from a trip up north to watch a cup replay and Griifin Park was in darkness and found out it was played on Tuesday and the paper I picked up ina cafe was yesterdays.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Upton Park. Combination of traffic problems and the coach driver going the wrong way meant we arrived at half time. I think we won the game 1-0 with Butters scoring in the second half (luckily) in front of us.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am sure I have read of ocassions when there were train delays on the Seagull Special or coaches held up that arrived late. I remembered an evening game at The Valley where our team coach was held up and the manager, I think it was Mullery, made the players walk the last mile to the ground to make kick off.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I missed the first 10 minutes of the Preston game as I'd run the Eastbourne Marathon that morning - I tried to use the train times as a motivator but even that wasn't enough.

As it turns out, the game was rubbish and a waste of time but at least I didn't cramp up too horrifically.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Never arrived at Forest at all in 1978, was stuck at Kettering.

EDIT: more recently Spurs last season, missed first 15 mins.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Got to a game about 15 minutes after kick off when we were exiled in Gillingham, and didn't find out until half time we were losing 0-1 :facepalm:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Missed the first half of a home game against Forest and upon arrival discovered the doors shut. It absolutely cacked it down and I had to take shelter in a west stand doorway. Finally allowed in to see the last minute of injury time of a dull 0-0. Then went and had a pint.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just remembered one I didn't actually get in to. Got to Orient a few years back about 20 minutes into the game, and despite having tickets for an all-ticket match, the gate stewards wouldn't let us in as they said the stand was full. Had a massive row with them along the lines of "how can it be full if it is an all ticket match and we're outside with tickets"? Still would not let us in so we had to bugger off home.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Second Worst. Half Time at Wolves. Boxing Day. About 10 years ago. Horrendous traffic. People going to the Sales. We drew 1-1. We missed both goals.

Worst. One of the 3 Seagull Specials that went to Forest in the League Cup back in the late 70s. We were in one of the two trains that never made it.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I got all the way to Birmingham before getting calls through that the Walsall game was called off, and I missed the replay so never made it to the game!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When on Surrey FA I had a pass to any game in Surrey just had to phone for a ticket so applied on Sat morning for CPFC v BHA at Selhurst and they refused. as it was sold out . After the sec of Surrey FA Les Smith got involved and said that if I wasnt accomodated the game couldnt go ahead they relented and found a seat in the top of the stand in the far left hand corner so I couldnt see much but we lost. It was the time they scored 5 against us in the late 80s /90s.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Norwich at home last season. Running late so parked up on the Mill Rd park and ride and had a whole bus to myself to the ground. Missed the first 25 mins and was informed by those around me that I hadn't missed anything. At the end of 90 mins I could have stayed away and still missed nothing.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
When on Surrey FA I had a pass to any game in Surrey just had to phone for a ticket so applied on Sat morning for CPFC v BHA at Selhurst and they refused. as it was sold out . After the sec of Surrey FA Les Smith got involved and said that if I wasnt accomodated the game couldnt go ahead they relented and found a seat in the top of the stand in the far left hand corner so I couldnt see much but we lost. It was the time they scored 5 against us in the late 80s /90s.

They never scored 5 against us in the late 80's/90's. They managed it in 2002, previous to that it was 1932 (and I know you are getting on a bit but I doubt you are that old).

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Twenty minutes into a game at the City Ground a couple of seasons ago, when it took forever to get from the M1 to Nottingham city centre, then had to park miles away on some grotty local estate, and hotfoot it back into town.

Then Ankergren (?) chucked one in during injury time to gift them an equaliser :angry:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
On the very last of 13 consecutive defeats we arrived at Brisbane Road at half-time, courtesy of the traffic and a Police stop.

Only time I've been late (ten minutes) for a home game in 50 years was against Forest this season despite leaving earlier than usual for the trains.

Who is going to ask the latest you got home from a game?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Never got to Ipswich one year, back in the 80's, I think the same day as news broke of the Babes in the Wood murders. Made it as far as Chelmsford iirc the train broke down with at least a 100 BHA fans onboard including Mad Jock who thought it was a good idea that we got off the train and Luz ballest at passing trains!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here