Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Okay, so even the most optimistic amongst us must have known that he wasn't going to regularly do 90 minutes, but I would have thought his goals/assists to minutes on the pitch ratio must be one of the best in the division. Any statisticians out there ? :dunce:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I had him done for around five goals this season, looks like he'll comfortably beat that. He really has been superb this season, and excellently managed by Hughton too.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
The guy oozes quality. Give him a chance on his left foot and its a goal. Link up play is second to none. Long may he stay fit and give us 70 mins a week.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
The guy oozes quality. Give him a chance on his left foot and its a goal. Link up play is second to none. Long may he stay fit and give us 70 mins a week.

This, we all knew that he would not be the same bobby we remembered he now reminds me of Teddy Sheringham very clever player who knows what he is going to do with the ball before he even has it!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
How many goals is he on in total for Brighton now. Can he make it to 100? :)

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Okay, so even the most optimistic amongst us must have known that he wasn't going to regularly do 90 minutes, but I would have thought his goals/assists to minutes on the pitch ratio must be one of the best in the division. Any statisticians out there ? :dunce:

http://www.squawka.com/football-pla...1/2015#season#1#all-matches#attack#desc#total

Zamora has an attacking score of 144 for 313 minutes played:

0.46 pts/minute

Highest rated attacker is Nick Blackman

562 / 1350

0.42 pts/minute

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Two things come across for me: Bobby seems to having the time of his life, and he is an incredibly intelligent footballer. Completely love the man

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Was great on Saturday - sadly looked knackered from about 55mins onwards. Needs careful handling.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
His quality not withstanding he acquired the name Blobby Zamora at my local last weekend! A bit harsh but...

Harsh indeed. I'd like to see the blokes in the pub who were, without the slightest trace of irony, labelling him as fat....

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Highest rated attacker is Nick Blackman

562 / 1350

0.42 pts/minute

He's a strange one. Has done nothing for a couple of seasons, then started this season on fire. He looked very good against us, and was a constant threat to our back four, even though he didn't actually score.

Hasn't scored for a few games now though, I don't think, as Reading have gone off the boil. I wonder if he might have a bit of an attitude about him too. I saw Reading's second goal against Bolton last weekend. Williams (I think) ran at the Bolton defence and just when you thought he might square it to Blackman, he thwunted it past the Bolton keeper and into the bottom corner instead. Nice finish. All the Reading players ran to Williams to celebrate. Except for Blackman who turned and walked back to the centre, alone, looking entirely uninterested.

Perhaps he's just the naturally calm sort. It didn't half look as though he was annoyed at Williams for not letting him score though.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But still way off match fit (while doing very well, I hasten to add)
What does match fit mean, does he have to be able to last 90 minutes? I'd have thought his performance in a match are what counts and his performances have been excellent, suggesting to me he's match fit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here