Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Autumn statement today ...... hero’s or villains?

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
According to Mr Osborne. Everyone who isn't working, People on low pay and low hours, Infact most. I'm in two jobs and i'm still on the losing side of things. Only winners here i see is Osborne and Co.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Predictable left fest later today

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I believe that they will be heroes to a lot of posters on NSC judging from previous threads.

I think it just shows how lucky we are on NSC to have so many contributors earning over 150K with assets of over 1M to pass onto partners and 500K per child. (maybe that is why Steve Foster appears bad tempered at times, the pressure of staying richer than all of the other posters).

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I'm Border Force staff. Am expecting to get creamed. Again.

Remember that the next time some po-faced MP pops up on your telly saying words like "robust".

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Remember that the next time some po-faced MP pops up on your telly saying words like "robust".

You quite right, but i think your terminology is wrong. I think you will find that you are administrative overhead, red tape or suchlike. Exactly the areas that austerity is targeting. Sorry, but we have to pay for these tax cuts and help the coffee shop chains develop somehow :down:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Ditto :thumbsup:

People would be amazed if they realised how few police there are available to respond to 999 calls at any given time. Particularly if you live in certain areas of the county (and I'm not talking about small villages here but a few, fairly decent sized towns that no longer have any police based within a twenty minute drive).

But on we go! G4S can do plenty of the work instead. Which should boost the value of Theresa May's husband's shares no end #Together

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I believe that they will be heroes to a lot of posters on NSC judging from previous threads.

I think it just shows how lucky we are on NSC to have so many contributors earning over 150K with assets of over 1M to pass onto partners and 500K per child. (maybe that is why Steve Foster appears bad tempered at times, the pressure of staying richer than all of the other posters).

This might be something to do with the fact that so many on NSC own (or part-own) property in the south-east, and the economy has been geared around property and finance and a few other services over the past 35 years, so they're oh so fond of the likes of Osborne pumping up their assets each time he gets to the dispatch box. NSC's overlord is especially fond of it.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
nearly 12b in overseas aid not to be touched
help the people at home first

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This might be something to do with the fact that so many on NSC own (or part-own) property in the south-east, and the economy has been geared around property and finance and a few other services over the past 35 years, so they're oh so fond of the likes of Osborne pumping up their assets each time he gets to the dispatch box. NSC's overlord is especially fond of it.

Me?

I think it's perverse how we perceive the price of anything going UP as generally a bad thing until it comes to property when a lot of people (but not all, clearly) obsess about the value of their home increasing.

I have little interest in it, having just bought in the South-East again, after a long period in Somerset. Where I live is my home, is likely to be for some time and I don't care what it may or may not be worth. I never check local property valuations, nor the asking prices of similar houses that come to market.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Ditto :thumbsup:

People would be amazed if they realised how few police there are available to respond to 999 calls at any given time. Particularly if you live in certain areas of the county (and I'm not talking about small villages here but a few, fairly decent sized towns that no longer have any police based within a twenty minute drive).

But on we go! G4S can do plenty of the work instead. Which should boost the value of Theresa May's husband's shares no end #Together

About the same number as were available in 2003. Recorded crime has fallen significantly since then as it did last year so probably a bit more scope for further cuts.

#livewithinyourmeans

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
About the same number as were available in 2003. Recorded crime has fallen significantly since then as it did last year so probably a bit more scope for further cuts.

#livewithinyourmeans

Of course recorded crime has fallen....as per Edna's post there's no one to ****ing record it. Ffs.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

#livewithinyourmeans

Couldn't agree more the live within your means theory. It's absolutely necessary for public bodies to save money where they can, and to be as efficient as possible. No issue with that whatsoever: why anybody would argue otherwise is just silly.

But your statistics are plain wrong. To suggest numbers of front line officers is the same now as it was in 2003 is, with respect, total and utter bollocks. The Government (whichever party it happens to be at the time) can bang on about preserving numbers, and the local constabularies may choose to toe the party line when they speak about it, but I can tell you with absolute confidence that there are fewer front line officers now than there have been in a long time. And that line will get thinner still.

It's just the way it is: we'll crack on. But when the media make a big deal out of stories like "police won't bother with minor crime in future"...well that's life, dry your eyes, Daily Mail readers, remember: we're just "living within our means" like everyone else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here