Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glen Rea

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Anyone know how he's been getting on at Southend?

Interested to know considering he was looking to be our 2nd choice Cb before season started

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Think he has been in and out of the team and used mostly as a back up, just seen that he has been subbed on due to an injury.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Got dropped after about 3-4 games never got back in side since.

Says he's enjoying his time there and learning from the experience.
Certainly getting plenty of rest

He's made 4 starts in league and cup for League One Southend, and has another 7 appearances from the bench. I'm not quite sure what you guys were expecting from someone who hadn't made a senior appearance prior to his two outings for Albion in the COC this season? :shrug:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
He's made 4 starts in league and cup for League One Southend, and has another 7 appearances from the bench. I'm not quite sure what you guys were expecting from someone who hadn't made a senior appearance prior to his two outings for Albion in the COC this season? :shrug:

Most of his sub appearances look to have been very late on.
I'm not actually expecting too much. I think he is too lightweight just yet to play centre back in a very physical division and ultimately I think he may be destined to join our very productive list of defenders converted to midfield.
He seems to be responding well to his situation and on that basis it's better than staying here in the u-21's. If he was less positive or less mentally resilient it might be different as with Walton and his very convenient injury at Bury.
Whether extending Rea's loan beyond January will be beneficial might depend on whether he starts to get more game time.
Meanwhile he's getting plenty of rest :lol:

smiler

Jan 12, 2006
Shoreham by Sea

The same applies to Harper and Hambo who some people expect to be in the first team soon.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Dont kid yourself, BHA themselves would have hoped for a run of consecutive games throughout his loan spell, this would have been discussed prior to him going, but the recipient club would of reserved the right to decide to play him or not.

Of course it doesnt always happen, as with Walton, but they our not put out on loan to learn how to live with rejection and end up just training with them, as always with football you will hear the usual sound bites of 'yeah I enjoyed it' 'I learnt alot' and 'they were a great set of lads', but you can be assured it will be a little disappointing for Rea and for BHA.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
what about O'Grady whilst on the subject ?

A Forest season ticket holder I know has put him in his 'Worst Forest XI Ever' team.

I expect him to be sent back to us in January.

Rea is scheduled back in January as well, I think.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Can they send O'Grady back after agreeing to a season long loan? Hope not
We are def going to be lumbered with him for next year..... Thankfully his last under contract to us

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Personally, think I'd try and negotiate the payment of the remainder of his contract, rather than pay him the full amount for sitting on his backside.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
My mate is the official club photographer for Southend and said, with a shrug of his shoulders "Meh, he's doing ok". Not that well then.
As for O'Grady being on the "Worst XI Ever" list...didn't the Forest fans hail him as the new messiah after his first game for them?!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can they send O'Grady back after agreeing to a season long loan? Hope not
We are def going to be lumbered with him for next year..... Thankfully his last under contract to us
Yes, all season long loans can be terminated in the January window.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
My mate is the official club photographer for Southend and said, with a shrug of his shoulders "Meh, he's doing ok". Not that well then.
As for O'Grady being on the "Worst XI Ever" list...didn't the Forest fans hail him as the new messiah after his first game for them?!
Yes, he did well in his first game. Downhill from there.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
what about O'Grady whilst on the subject ?

He plays but a Forest supporting friend of mine reckoned he was quality in his first game what with his work rate and his ability to hold the ball up. He now concedes he is shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here