Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If NSC was around in 1973

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
At this time, on 24th November 1973, we would have been on our way home from watching Brian Clough's Albion draw 0-0 away at Walton & Hersham in the FA Cup.

What would the mood be on NSC, 1973-style?

"We'll hammer them in the replay at The Goldstone"

"Clough OUT!"

Well?

It would have gone into meltdown two weeks later when we'd lost to Bristol Rovers 8-2

(and I wouldn't have cared as I would have too excited preparing for my 'educational' cruise - my first trip abroad - we could have lost 9-0 for all I'd cared)

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Watched the replay.
Couldn't stand Clough and when it became obvious that he didn't give a toss about the club, I would have been CLOUGH OUT!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
It would have gone into meltdown two weeks later when we'd lost to Bristol Rovers 8-2

(and I wouldn't have cared as I would have too excited preparing for my 'educational' cruise - my first trip abroad - we could have lost 9-0 for all I'd cared)

Watched that one. Players appeared so demoralised and frightened, they were unable to do anything.
Bad days.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I would have expected much humour following Clough's comments on the Big Match where he said not many teams score 2 against Rovers.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
What with this three day week and no leccy, my candles are running low. If I burn them upside down or nearer the radio will they last longer?

I am soon to become a grandfather.....is Ben a good name do you think?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Only a young-un in '73 ... There would have been no updates whatsoever then ... use to watch World of Sport with Dicky Davies fronting for the HT and FT score

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
wasn't at the Walton game,but was at the Rovers game,Bannister & Warbouys

Sunderland won the cup

nope, that's it

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
What with this three day week and no leccy, my candles are running low. If I burn them upside down or nearer the radio will they last longer?

I am soon to become a grandfather.....is Ben a good name do you think?

"I read in the Football Rumours evening edition that we are looking at an eighteen year old striker at Burton Albion called Ward. My scouting contacts and I can tell you he's far too skinny and one footed as well as weak in the air and lacking a sense of where the goal is so surely we should sign Stanley Matthews he could still do a job or does anybody not agree"

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
"I read in the Football Rumours evening edition that we are looking at an eighteen year old striker at Burton Albion called Ward. My scouting contacts and I can tell you he's far too skinny and one footed as well as weak in the air and lacking a sense of where the goal is so surely we should sign Stanley Matthews he could still do a job or does anybody not agree"

Burton ? Sake. We can do better than that.

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Our next door neighbour has just bought a Datsun! Dad says them Japs will never build a car as good as the Austin Princess in a million years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here