Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC correspondent Frank Gardner.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Am i alone in being the only person who actually has time for this guy ? When i listern to his reports on the current situation in the middle east. He seems to put over a real sense of the reality of what is going on and who is doing what to who. :wave:

LeicesterGull

Feb 2, 2009
Am i alone in being the only person who actually has time for this guy ? When i listern to his reports on the current situation in the middle east. He seems to put over a real sense of the reality of what is going on and who is doing what to who. :wave:

Couldn't agree more. I randomly sat opposite him at a function not along ago and whilst I already held him in high esteem my bromance with him reached new heights and remains at that level...top top bloke with some amazing life stories.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
When you have had six jihadis bullets taken from your body you tend to be an expert on the subject. His summations and knowledge are always good, and were even before he was shot. He did his Arabic degree in Egypt. ( I read his Autobiography years ago.)

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming

Just as a matter of interest, why do you think you're the only one who has time for him? I,for one ( or maybe two ) find his reports and written pieces exceptionally well done.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Just as a matter of interest, why do you think you're the only one who has time for him? I,for one ( or maybe two ) find his reports and written pieces exceptionally well done.

I used 'i am alone' as a start line,simple as that really.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
He is absolutely superb - a brilliant, supremely knowledgeable television journalist with real insight in every report but without ever resorting to cheap scaremongering.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I agree. He really is a proper expert and worth listening to.

However (prepares for a load of stick) what I always think when he is on the news is that the BBC seem to deliberately film him to make sure everyone knows he's disabled.
For example any of the newsreaders could be sitting in a wheelchair, but we get a wide angle shot when he's on, seemingly just to make sure we know.
Last week they had him standing in the studio, with a walking frame, which was unnecessary and did nothing to add to his report, indeed probably just distracted some people from what he was saying.

It doesn't detract from his knowledge and expertise in any way, but I can't help thinking the BBC are making sure we know they have got disabled employees.

Is it just me ?

OK give me pelters. I probably deserve it.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I've always suspected that Frank Gardner works for MI6 as well as the BBC. I have absolutely no evidence for this whatsoever, but somehow I feel sure of it.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
When you have had six jihadis bullets taken from your body you tend to be an expert on the subject. His summations and knowledge are always good, and were even before he was shot. He did his Arabic degree in Egypt. ( I read his Autobiography years ago.)

An interesting read. I recall Gardner was quite modest about his change of career from banking into journalism. Then having to work his way up from office boy, acknowledging that he got his break by happening to be in the right place just at the right moment. Used his knowledge of the Middle East to create a credible role as a fully fledged correspondent.

Gardner has certainly earned his stripes so always worth listening to what he has to say.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here