Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FIFA seeking Platini Life Ban

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I wonder if FIFA will try to ban everyone not called Sepp Blatter?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Nice to see the start of a clean up....now it should look at the dodgy heads of national FA's.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Should FIFA not immediately cancel the allocation of the next 2 World Cups. There are a number of countries that have the stadia to cope with it at 2 years notice, I would have thought.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Should FIFA not immediately cancel the allocation of the next 2 World Cups. There are a number of countries that have the stadia to cope with it at 2 years notice, I would have thought.

And then be sued by Russia and Qatar which will take many years to sort the legal wranglings and not to mention the money ,by which time both tournaments will have come and gone . Only way that will happen is if Fifa have a rock solid case of sueing and winning in a short time frame , which you can bet botth countries will fight tooth and nail

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Of course they should - everyone connected with awarding the competition to those countries seems to be tainted. There is a Swiss criminal investigation into the process - hopefully the position will be untenable for those two countries to host once the truth is proven. Then liquidate FIFA leaving Russia & Qatar having to sue the individuals involved such as Sepp (#prayforsepp he almost died).

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So in a nutshell FIFA rigged the World Cup vote to go to Russia in 2018 and USA in 2022, then Platini spoilt their scam and forced FIFA's hand into giving 2022 to Qatar which, in turn, opened the can of worms that has led to their mutual downfall.

Blatter naively believes that he can somehow convince the world it was all Platini's fault. It's playground antics: "Please sir, it was him sir, he started it!"

This doesn't change the fact that FIFA rigged both votes. It's all one sick joke.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wonder if FIFA will try to ban everyone not called Sepp Blatter?

Latest news is that Blatter won't accept any verdict he doesn't like. He's playing the nutter card quite well.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
And then be sued by Russia and Qatar which will take many years to sort the legal wranglings and not to mention the money ,by which time both tournaments will have come and gone . Only way that will happen is if Fifa have a rock solid case of sueing and winning in a short time frame , which you can bet botth countries will fight tooth and nail[/QUOTE

If it can be proved beyond doubt that they wre only given after corrupt payments surely that would be sufficient to counter any legal action by Qatar and Russia. The other obvious answer is to liquidate FIFA and form a new association who could they then sue, only those kicked out for their corrupt actions.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And then be sued by Russia and Qatar
I can't see Russia or Qatar winning such a case. What would be their claim, 'we bribed FIFA fair and square'? Russia don't even have any evidence, since they've destroyed their perfectly good computers, as you do.

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
It's hilarious how much Blatter is kicking and screaming against any sort of judgement or punishment meted out to him. He really has become that deluded after decades of being indulged and pandered to by FIFA flunkies, that he actually thinks he can fight this.

Crooked old ******* (though the sad thing is, I bet if it actually did come down to a vote amongst FIFA nations as to whether he was guilty or not, the many countries whose palms he has greased over the years would still vote in his favour).

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
, I bet if it actually did come down to a vote amongst FIFA nations as to whether he was guilty or not, the many countries whose palms he has greased over the years would still vote in his favour).

For sure. The procedures are designed to allow corruption.

A lifetime ban for Platini is a good start. But it is all so political they may be hoping that a high-profile scalp will be enough.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Wasn't Platini Greg "Thanks for the £15,000 watch" Dyke's choice as the man to be head of FIFA?

I'd heartily recommend 'Foul' and 'The Dirty Game' by Andrew Jennings which lift the lid on FIFA's internal mechanisms.

I wrote an article two years ago for a publication on FIFA's finances and why some of the numbers didn't add up. The editor rejected it as didn't want to appear to be racist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here