Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Finishing each post with a laughing smiley

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
When people do that, what does it signify?

That they're laughing at something that's been said? Nothing that gets that response ever seems particularly funny. Or is it that you should laugh at what they've just written? Nettiquette is a minefield but it seems an odd thing do to. :lol:

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 7, 2003
You're talking out of your arse
smooning_smiley_mooning_100-109.gif

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
I suppose it helps let people know that you are saying something in jest or lightheartedly, thus helping to avoid the more 'angry' type of NSC posters instantly wanting a 'cyber' fight and creating a binfest :angry:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
When people do that, what does it signify?

That they're laughing at something that's been said? Nothing that gets that response ever seems particularly funny. Or is it that you should laugh at what they've just written? Nettiquette is a minefield but it seems an odd thing do to. [emoji38]
It means 'this post does not mean I am foaming at the mouth with anger, and should be taken as the light hearted comment it was meant to be'

[emoji38]ol:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
It means 'this post does not mean I am foaming at the mouth with anger, and should be taken as the light hearted comment it was meant to be'

[emoji38]ol:

Probably...although isn't that what smileys rather than laugheys are for? Anyway.:lolol:

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
It was invented by Americans who dont understand irony, sarcasm and piss-taking.
It is similar to the way that you have to add "only kidding" on the end of a piss-taking sentence, otherwise an American will take it seriously.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Don't ask me, I've only just started to use the cow in the correct context. :moo: :lolol:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I think I'm going to kill myself. I can't go on like this any more. My life is a mess. What's the point of it all? :lolol:

(See? I think it's weird. None of the above is, of course, true. Yet.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here