Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SKY Dish ANGUISH

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Morning NSC,

After these strong winds we've had recently - the picture I'm getting from my dish has gone all perculiar.

A bit like what you get in a storm but much more often - almost every time its even a bit windy. A right ballache.

However, not all the channels are affected. The BBC ones are almost unwatchable but the Sky ones - e.g Sky News, Sky Sports etc seem completely unaffected.

I can't help thinking Murdoch's evil hands are all over this one and I don't want to go all 'Rod Hull' by fiddling with the dish

Whats going on? Also, I'm think of getting Sky broadband to go with my telly - are they likely to renew my 10 year old dish without charging me ££££££ if I take out additional services?

Cheers

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Sky dishes will be redundant soon enough so I'd think twice about getting a new one. Look up sky Q.

Beezer

Feb 27, 2013
Living on the coast, this happens quite regular to me,make sure your LNB hasn't moved away from the dish. I normally just have to push it back into position.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
I had a similar problem, assumed it was the dish, but when i spoke to Sky and explained all symptoms it turned out to be the box that was starting to lose some channels. Upgraded to Sky+ box (it was a while ago) and issue disappeared.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You know how old you are when you remember satellite dishes on the side of a house being something from the future finally arriving. Obsolete already...:facepalm:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Nothing to do with your dish. It's aliens. Have you seen Independence Day?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Just tell them you'll leave if they won't give you a free new dish.

That's what we intend to do, though admittedly we moved into a house with an existing rusty old dish which they insisted we continue to use as it still works.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Sounds like a Half Man Half Biscuit song

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Living on the coast, this happens quite regular to me,make sure your LNB hasn't moved away from the dish. I normally just have to push it back into position.

ok, fiddled with the LNB and made it worse albeit I didn't really have a strategy for 'moving it back into position' as I'm not sure what was right / wrong

Everything seems properly corroded though - cables etc

Anyway, call going into Sky tomorrow - cheers for the feedback

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Check the cable going in, had much the same issue and it was the cable which had corroded, just remade it by cutting back a bit and all was ok again

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Morning NSC,

After these strong winds we've had recently - the picture I'm getting from my dish has gone all perculiar.

A bit like what you get in a storm but much more often - almost every time its even a bit windy. A right ballache.

However, not all the channels are affected. The BBC ones are almost unwatchable but the Sky ones - e.g Sky News, Sky Sports etc seem completely unaffected.

I can't help thinking Murdoch's evil hands are all over this one and I don't want to go all 'Rod Hull' by fiddling with the dish

Whats going on? Also, I'm think of getting Sky broadband to go with my telly - are they likely to renew my 10 year old dish without charging me ££££££ if I take out additional services?

Cheers

had exactly the same problem,some channels working,some not.
went through alot of settings with some sky advisor for about an hour,eventually they decided an engineer needed to come have a look.

They wanted £60 for the cost of the engineer to come out which they reduced down to £30 after a loud "you are taking the fwacking pish"

Turns out the LNB was shot through,so a new one and new dish installed,kicked the knobs into touch a week later

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here