Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] GREER PLEASED TO BE BACK

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Brighton & Hove Albion skipper Gordon Greer was thrilled to get back into the team for yesterday’s hard-fought draw at Burnley and believes the competitive edge within the squad is yielding results on the pitch.Greer made his first appearance since last month’s 2-1 win at Leeds United after recovering from a knee injury, and praised the overall strength in depth within the squad.
He said, “We’ve got a fantastic group of players and when you’re out of the team, you’re desperate to get back playing with the boys because we’ve got a great team spirit.
“It was for unforeseen circumstances that Uwe [Huenemeier] couldn’t play, but it was great for me to get back into the side this week. I love playing with the team and I was delighted to be back.
“If you have got the jersey, then it’s up to you to keep your place and if not, then you’ve got to push the boys that do. It bodes well for the future.
“But we’re a close-knit team and we’re just desperate to pick up the points, whoever comes into the team.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The skipper felt Albion recovered well after a frenetic start to the game and admits that the squad can feel a tad unfortunate not to pick up three points following a harsh penalty decision.“We scored after a minute and they scored after three. But we picked ourselves up again and I think we were unlucky not to get three points.
“The penalty was one of those things happen on the pitch all the time and it didn’t seem that bad to me.
“We were shocked that he gave the penalty and even the Burnley players were shocked. They weren’t claiming for one and were just as surprised as us.
“However, it’s a tough place to come and we’ll look forward to next week.”
The Scotland international took confidence from the way Albion are now able to quickly change their style of play at particular times in the game, something which he feels is reaping dividends.
“For me the main differences are that we can mix it up when we need to and have got different players in the team that can do different things at different times.
“Even throughout the 90 minutes there could be a 10 to 15 minute spell where we do something different.
“We’re surprising some teams with how we’re playing but our feet are firmly on the ground and we’re pushing ourselves.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here