Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Electric multi plugs.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Have you ever thought the tower of power may be faulty, it's not rocket science and would have been the first thing I checked. If the phone charges normally on the other tower then it certainly points to that. I certainly don't know why anyone would need 10 power sockets next to their chair though.
I thought that but was reluctant to spend £20 on what might or might not be the cause. The reason for the 10 point tower is because my wife insisted it it was safer than the 4 plug lead I had previously because my mum when alive used to put adaptors into adaptors and they were a nighmare.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's threads like this that make me think there's no way BG is a real account - part of me wants to believe this is a real person but the synic in me says otherwise :(

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
V=iR

You have too much series connection (series reststance). Use parallel

are you suggesting he buys another tower, connects that in parallel (plggued in to the wall) and uses that one for the charger, the increased parallelness increasing available current? its an interesting point.

i was going to suggest the towers dont have heavy duty cables, so restrict the electricity. the wall socket will have 2.5mm twin and earth most likly, much more substantial cable.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Are you saying if she uses the phone when it is low on battery it will take longer to recharge. I always thought that the best way to use it was to run the phone right down then recharge rather than charge when it is 25% charged. I thought that this preserved the battery life.

That's deep cycle batteries (the sort in caravans or boats).

Modern rechargable batteies in phones and other devices are best kept between 50-75%. Don't charge all the way up. don't run all the way down.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Thanks for cheering me up, BG and assorted posters - I've had a dreadful day and this has brought a smile :thumbsup:

BG - one of the answers you have received is correct...

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I didnt know if the current weakens due to more appliances taking from it as a water supply does with washing machine, dish washer and hose pipe all on together. Our shower blows a fuse if it is on and somebody flushes the toilet so reducing the water supply or pressure.

I must admit that i have not come across this problem before, and maybe a word with the plumber on site and we might be able to solve both the electrical and water issue.
My temporary advice would be to take an afternoon nap and charge the phone up in the bedroom whilst having your forty winks. Whilst in there other householders could have a shower, and just in case you have a weak bladder a commode by the bedside would put their mind at rest whilst showering. Unfortunately you will have to take your shower when no one is around in case they absentmindedly forget and flush the toilet whilst relieving themselves.
If you have an old consumer unit it might be worth stocking up on fuse wire in case the fuse keeps blowing, if not it might be best to invest in a spare mcb in case the one in use gives up the ghost.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here