Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A View From The Burnley End

Jan 10, 2014
It was a clear penalty but the thing is that there should be many given like that in every game every week.

I can see why you've drawn quite a few games lately and also why you are at the top. You remind me a bit of us in our promotion season (solid and well drilled) apart from you playing a more possession game and not having an Ings type up front.

We could and probably should have won it near the end, but we didn't and on the balance of play a draw was a fair result.

Bruno and Kayal were the best two Brighton players.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
It was a clear penalty but the thing is that there should be many given like that in every game every week.

I can see why you've drawn quite a few games lately and also why you are at the top. You remind me a bit of us in our promotion season (solid and well drilled) apart from you playing a more possession game and not having an Ings type up front.

We could and probably should have won it near the end, but we didn't and on the balance of play a draw was a fair result.

Can't argue with much of that. I thought we had more and better possession second half, but just didn't have much cutting edge. You had 2 glorious chances to win it, which would have been undeserved in my opinion. Good result for us with the injuries we've got, and expect us both to be in the top 6 come the end of the season

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In fairness you had the 2 best chances in the 2nd half and shoukd have scored from at least 1. Interesting quote from Sky 2nd half no shots on target from either side.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
We are missing some creative edge through injury but are still getting results so its all encouraging. I think Burnley will be there or thereabouts at the seasons end and will be tough to beat

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

No quarrel with me on that.

Jan 10, 2014
In fairness you had the 2 best chances in the 2nd half and shoukd have scored from at least 1. Interesting quote from Sky 2nd half no shots on target from either side.

It shows how good and on top both defences were in the second half.

Stockdale made a fantastic save in the first half, which is what you need at times.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It shows how good and on top both defences were in the second half.

Stockdale made a fantastic save in the first half, which is what you need at times.

Yep, it was top draw.

We almost gifted you the chance to win when Kayal or Caskey slipped and gave the ball to you for your break which resulted in a shot just wide. Think it would have been unfair if we had lost, but happy with that away draw :).

D

Deleted member 2719

Can you buy a house in Burnley for 10 grand ???

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Clear penalty?

There should have been 12 penalties in the game then, as there was similar stuff going on at each and every corner.

A fair result. Good away draw for us, particularly with the injuries we have.

TBH, I was fairly unimpressed with Burnley, and thought we looked fairly comfortable.

Jan 10, 2014
Many have done that since his missed penalty at Wolves but hopefully one shot will hit him and go in to start him off again. Will you loan us Ward to help us stop Derby, Middlesbro etc.

Bad news on that front. We've loaned our only other Championship experienced centre back to Barnsley but Ben Mee can play at centre back (and he's on 4 yellow cards), so we need Ward at the moment.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Bad news on that front. We've loaned our only other Championship experienced centre back to Barnsley but Ben Mee can play at centre back (and he's on 4 yellow cards), so we need Ward at the moment.

Oh dear, we played Ward as a centre back against Derby in the Play -off semi a couple of years back, it didn't end well

Jan 10, 2014
Oh dear, we played Ward as a centre back against Derby in the Play -off semi a couple of years back, it didn't end well

Ward won't play at centre back. Mee will play at centre back (if injuries or suspensions come in) and Ward will go in at left back.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Agree apart from the opening joke about the penalty :lol: if you're allowed to use someone's arm as a replacement for a rope in a tug of war and yank it as hard as you can then yes it was a pen and not a foul by your player ... That said, goals change games and there's nothing to say you wouldn't have equalised without the pen had it been (correctly!) not given.

I thought a draw was fair though - we were the better team in terms of possession & passing but you created the best chances. Thought both teams looked good - much better than the showing at the Riverside from the two teams Friday.

Jan 10, 2014
Agree apart from the opening joke about the penalty :lol: if you're allowed to use someone's arm as a replacement for a rope in a tug of war and yank it as hard as you can then yes it was a pen and not a foul by your player

Why would Keane who is trying to get a bit of space pull Dunk by his arm 'towards' himself? It makes no sense.

The problem that all us football fans have with it, is that referee's aren't consistent with it.

I mean that one today is quite an extreme case because Dunk was nearly wearing Keane's shirt, but the pulling of shirts and grabbing happens at every corner in every game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here