Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greer

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Very decent indeed. Class saving challenge late on in our area that saw the oppo squeal for a pen. Surprisingly Hoops didn't give it...

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Greer has had the so called names in his pocket over recent seasons - Rhodes, McCormack, Wood, B Sharpe, C Martin. His positioning and experience make up for his obvious lack of pace. Yes he places the odd pass wayward, although which centre half doesn't. Compossed on the ball and pleased he is back. Although I do like Uwe, impressed with his reading of the game and general defensive play.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Had an excellent game.
If only he'd remembered to tell Dunk before the game not to hang on to his opponent's shirt :nono:

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
I was only thinking during the game if you look at their and other centre back pairings both dunk, uwe and greer are very comfortable on the ball and are composed and start play well, compared to some stopers we have seen this season. Although I do appreciate defending is first on the list!

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
It shouldnt be.

Dunk has been a complete liability recently, Hunnemeier should definitely partner Greer, that has become very clear. On another note I thought Murphy today was dreadful. Offered nothing in attack and nothing in defense either

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dunk has been a complete liability recently, Hunnemeier should definitely partner Greer, that has become very clear. On another note I thought Murphy today was dreadful. Offered nothing in attack and nothing in defense either

I agree, we are at cross purposes I said it shouldnt be Greer making way if Uwe gets straight back in.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Greer has had the so called names in his pocket over recent seasons - Rhodes, McCormack, Wood, B Sharpe, C Martin. His positioning and experience make up for his obvious lack of pace. Yes he places the odd pass wayward, although which centre half doesn't. Compossed on the ball and pleased he is back. Although I do like Uwe, impressed with his reading of the game and general defensive play.

Lewandowski...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Dunk def has done some silly things but you can't disregard his general play which is still fantastic - the amount of times he came out and won it ahead of their strikers today was brilliant - did the same at Leeds too. It's great to have 3 good CBs at the mo. I was disappointed with Murphy today too but he's been superb since he came here so won't read too much into it...

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Was wondering earlier if CH will bring Uwe back straight away, would you?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
200th start for us today apparently, and a masterful one at that.

I've said it before and regrettably I think I'll have to say it again: the stick that Greer gets from a fair number of fans, including many who are otherwise insightful about the game, is completely bizarre.

Has there been a defender in the lifetime of our club who, having played a fair number of games, has been such an integral part of a miserly defence season after season? On top of that, he's been our captain through the second most successful spell in the club's entire history.

He'll have the odd off game - who doesn't - but he is so, so solid and makes up for lack of pace with incredible positioning.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
200th start for us today apparently, and a masterful one at that.

I've said it before and regrettably I think I'll have to say it again: the stick that Greer gets from a fair number of fans, including many who are otherwise insightful about the game, is completely bizarre.

Has there been a defender in the lifetime of our club who, having played a fair number of games, has been such an integral part of a miserly defence season after season? On top of that, he's been our captain through the second most successful spell in the club's entire history.

He'll have the odd off game - who doesn't - but he is so, so solid and makes up for lack of pace with incredible positioning.
Spot on, i have a number of idiots by me slating greer. As I have said in thread class act.

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Great game by the skipper today. Gray is a tricky customer and to stop him scoring (I'm not counting the penalty at this point) was no mean feat.

Dunk looked generally pretty solid, but he was stupid for putting himself in the position where that baldy idiot had the chance to award his standard penalty. He did it again in the second half- I couldn't believe what I was seeing, bearing in mind Hoops' previous decision.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here