Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
The sooner he is back the better. What is the latest with regards to his injury?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Brighton have averaged 1.67 ppg since he last played, before that we were averaging 2.5 ppg (if my maths is right which I think it is...).

Whilst it would be silly to attribute that difference solely to LuaLua's absence it is extremely telling IMO.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Really need him back. The one player who could turn these draws into wins.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
The sonnet the better , had a cracking start to the season , can't wait for him to start again . I think they are really being extra careful as they don't want him to break down , perhaps they are being over cautious

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
He resumed full training last week, but the Burnley game was too soon for him (according to the Argus)

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Lua Lua is faster than a car
Alas his injury record is on par
With sicknote Vicente who we all adored
But never played enough for us all to roar

etc

How am I doing so far?

Don't give up the day job just yet!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We should just use him as an impact sub when he is back, even when he has been played like that he has been injured for chunks of the season. Aren't his injuries always the same? Too much football and he gets injured it seems. Playing him regularly for 90 mins is possibly not a good idea. Beginning of last season and this he has played full games and ended up with a long term injury after not many games. Or did I just make that up?

WATFORD zero

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 10, 2003
We should just use him as an impact sub when he is back, even when he has been played like that he has been injured for chunks of the season. Aren't his injuries always the same? Too much football and he gets injured it seems. Playing him regularly for 90 mins is possibly not a good idea. Beginning of last season and this he has played full games and ended up with a long term injury after not many games. Or did I just make that up?

Have to disagree, at 24! this season, he is starting to look like he is mature enough and understands enough about the game that he should be doing 90 mins. He was always a talent, but is now something special. Hopefully we will be able to say the same again about Solly and JFC in 3 years time :)

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

A post worse than the Stockdale one, I'm Frank Bough or I'll gone bananas

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Have to disagree, at 24! this season, he is starting to look like he is mature enough and understands enough about the game that he should be doing 90 mins. He was always a talent, but is now something special. Hopefully we will be able to say the same again about Solly and JFC in 3 years time :)

Oh I totally agree re the talent, I just think his body can't take the rigours of playing many full games. In fairness he doesn't receive much protection from refs.

He was our best player early last season and this though.

Last edited:

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I really really hope he stops his goal celebration. When you are injury prone that is a daft celebration.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here