Sky Bet Championship

Venue: Turf Moor
Date: Sunday 22nd November 2015
Kick-off: 13:15 GMT
Referee: Simon Hooper
Assistants: Billy Smallwood, Steve Meredith
Fourth official: Tony Harrington

TEAM NEWS

• [*=left]Burnley manager Sean Dyche appears to have settled on his preferred line-up, having lost just once since mid-August.
    [*=left]The Clarets have picked the same XI in four successive fixtures and are likely to have the same squad to choose from on Sunday.
    [*=left]Brighton will be without striker Sam Baldock (thigh) but skipper Gordon Greer could return (knee).
    [*=left]Winger Kazenga LuaLua (groin) is close to returning but the trip to Turf Moor may come too soon.

MATCH FACTS

• [*=left]At Turf Moor, the Clarets have won just once in their past six against Brighton (D3 L2).
    [*=left] Brighton are unbeaten in four against Burnley (W3 D1), keeping a clean sheet in the past three.
    [*=left]Burnley's Matty Taylor has scored more goals from the bench than any other player this season (3). Indeed, no Championship side has netted more goals via substitutes this term than Burnley (4).
    [*=left]Andre Gray has scored seven goals in just five league appearances at Turf Moor for Burnley, and has netted twice in each of the past three.
    [*=left]The Seagulls are unbeaten in their past nine away games, drawing six and winning three.
    [*=left] Should Brighton avoid defeat against Burnley, they will set the joint-second longest unbeaten start to a Championship season (Wigan 17 games in 2004-05).

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Today we put a marker down for the season. 2-1 Albion.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I think we'll play well, and be tough to beat like we always are, but it'll 1-1.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Today we put a marker down for the season. 2-1 Albion.
I wish I had an ounce of that confidence.

I'd take 0-0 now :down:
By virtue of my feeling that today is going to be a meltdown double :down:

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Any update on whether KLL will put in an appearance?

I second a 1-2 score line. I also predict the Sky sofa / living room set will be trashed before half time if the rest of the Albion fans can get anywhere near it!

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Burnley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

About the only blemish in a glowing inspection report of Brighton and Hove Albion’s £32 million Category 1 academy and training complex was that it lacked a special muddy pitch to prepare for games at the wrong end of football’s pyramid. An FA Cup third‑round tie, say, at a non-league ground.

After the near-extinction drama of 1997, when Brighton escaped demotion from the Football League on the season’s final day, the Seagulls were hardly traumatised by this unusual caveat, as their stunning HQ at Lancing was awarded the highest grade under the Premier League’s Elite Players Performance Plan. Under Chris Hughton, the senior team aim to go 18 games unbeaten in the Championship’s battle between second and third at Burnley on Sunday.

Read more: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-Hughton-transformed-fluttering-Seagulls.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Cold and grey up here in the north. But the snow is greatly exagerated on radio and tv.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm going for a 2-1 win more in hope than expectation ... that will get us on the radar!

We've a good record there but will need to neutralise Gray.

Travelling so can't even see it on TV :tantrum:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
This match is the test. I shall align my season expectations from this result. Win = Promotion favourites. Draw = Play-Off Winners. Defeat = Play-Off Hopefuls. With Baldock's injury, this match offers a chance for Tilley, Harper, Manu or Hambo to make a sub appearance and do something special, I wonder which one will be selected?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I am wobbling a bit on this one. Cant see a win with injury list and if we have a solid draw then i'll be very happy

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Draw will do for me but we may sneak a win, you never know

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I will be happy with a draw, but I just read a piece from the mirrors gambling tips, who has predicted a Burnley win stating we have been getting it to easy, as two thirds of our games have been against teams in the bottom half.

That ignores the fact that we have played 6 teams in the top half and have won 3 and drawn 3. So there is a lot of me that now wants us to make a statement and win this comfortably.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Today will be a stern test of CH's team tactics.

Burnley are strong across the midfield, it's vital we match them in the middle of the park or we'll get overrun. Given our choices, I'm adamant we should opt for extra cover and pick Stephens, Kayal and Crofts in the same team. All are capable of pinching a goal and if we bore the life out of Burnley, then so what?

Make no mistake, this is our toughest game so far this season. If we play a more expansive team, it could get ugly.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Today will be a stern test of CH's team tactics.

Burnley are strong across the midfield, it's vital we match them in the middle of the park or we'll get overrun. Given our choices, I'm adamant we should opt for extra cover and pick Stephens, Kayal and Crofts in the same team. All are capable of pinching a goal and if we bore the life out of Burnley, then so what?

Make no mistake, this is our toughest game so far this season. If we play a more expansive team, it could get ugly.

A similar set up as we had at Reading then!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here