Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Microsoft Office reactivation.....help

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just send me a PM with your bank details and I will sort it out for you very cheap and quickly.

Or you can ask somebody on here who know what they are talking about. No doubt you will have noticed I dont post such queries now as 1 poster told me to contact him via PM and he tells me what to do. A good man thanks Jarrett.

When it happened to me I changed to Open Office which is fully compatable.

HOFNSKIN

Feb 12, 2012
Microsoft have disabled all previous versions of OFFICE and now charge monthly or annual renewal fees.No wonder Gates is still one of the richest people on the

planet.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Download 'Apache Open Office' for free which does everything which MS Office does but better.

I have used it for eight years or more and is a complete suite.

Last edited:

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Microsoft have disabled all previous versions of OFFICE and now charge monthly or annual renewal fees.No wonder Gates is still one of the richest people on the

planet.

Like apparently some functions which were for free will no longer be so with Windows 10 - suggestion I have heard is do not accept their 'free' upgrade.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany

D

Deleted member 22389

When I read things like this I'm glad I use Linux. Admittedly Libre Office / Open Office has quite a way to go before it is accepted as a good alternative to Microsoft Office, however it does take the pee when you pay for a product and you get all this hassle.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
When I read things like this I'm glad I use Linux. Admittedly Libre Office / Open Office has quite a way to go before it is accepted as a good alternative to Microsoft Office, however it does take the pee when you pay for a product and you get all this hassle.

Use Linux every day at work for 5 years. When you compare my 8 hours a day on that to my 2 hours a week on Microsoft I really should be more comfortable on Linux. Well no, when 95% of the rest of the world uses one operating system it makes like difficult. Everyone else uses .doc (or a version of it), Linux uses a default of .odt that no one else can read, not the end of the world as you can change it into the more widely used version but it is just another job to do. And really it is ad infinitum. It works, but is less user friendly when the rest of the world uses a different system.

D

Deleted member 22389

Use Linux every day at work for 5 years. When you compare my 8 hours a day on that to my 2 hours a week on Microsoft I really should be more comfortable on Linux. Well no, when 95% of the rest of the world uses one operating system it makes like difficult. Everyone else uses .doc (or a version of it), Linux uses a default of .odt that no one else can read, not the end of the world as you can change it into the more widely used version but it is just another job to do. And really it is ad infinitum. It works, but is less user friendly when the rest of the world uses a different system.

You can save to .docx or .doc from Libre / Open Office as you know. Support for Linux is getting better, Linux is keeping up at their end, it just the manufacturers are not or can't be bothered to support it. I find Linux easier to use from the perspective I still have a good running machine after 12 months, I don't have to worry about spyware or viruses and it does everything I need it too.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
You can save to .docx or .doc from Libre / Open Office as you know. Support for Linux is getting better, Linux is keeping up at their end, it just the manufacturers are not or can't be bothered to support it. I find Linux easier to use from the perspective I still have a good running machine after 12 months, I don't have to worry about spyware or viruses and it does everything I need it too.

I agree that it does not attract the attention of the bad guys, but I feel that if the correct security was put in place then it would pay for itself in man hours saved over 2/3 years. Anyway, it does not really matter as the owners of the company make these choices, not me.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Is excel and word compatable? will old files open?

They are understood to be so although I haven't attempted to open files from one to the other.

I used Excel at work which hung up at times and this is not anything I have encountered with AOO.

No harm in trying though !

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Thanks I will check after the footie

Did you get it sorted in the end? Normally these kind of issues are fixable.
Open Office as mentioned in a few of the posts is quite nice, but it isnt MS Office..
I must admit I havent used it for a few years, but I found that it screwed up some formatting on some docs previously created in Word, their version of Excel, at least for the basics is ok. If you are creating stuff from scratch it is normally up to the job, but working on stuff previously created in MS Office can be a bit frustrating..

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Did you get it sorted in the end? Normally these kind of issues are fixable.
Open Office as mentioned in a few of the posts is quite nice, but it isnt MS Office..
I must admit I havent used it for a few years, but I found that it screwed up some formatting on some docs previously created in Word, their version of Excel, at least for the basics is ok. If you are creating stuff from scratch it is normally up to the job, but working on stuff previously created in MS Office can be a bit frustrating..

I downloaded from pirate bay and the version I downloaded reconised my product key.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here