Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should the PL clubs have played the French national anthem today!

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
I dont really see this as nessary as it was done at Wembley and we showed togetherness there.I have never heard God save the Queen at domestic match before I think a minute silence would have been better.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
No. If the premier league wanted to make a real show of solidarity they should give a few hundred grand to a victims family fund from their vast cash mountain.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
maybe the mailian, cameroonian pakistan, bosnian anthems should have been played all attacks since paris by the terrorists who have nothing to do with islam but have everything to do with islam or maybe one of the countries of the 27301 victims since 9/11 which have nothing to do with Islam.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Seemed like another "show how much you care" moment to me.

Completely misjudged.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I, like most other normal human beings, was appalled by the carnage in Paris.

Whilst I thought the FA response at the England / France friendly was appropriate, I thought that was probably sufficiently appropriate !

That said, I have no problem with how the situation has been acknowledged today.

Jan 30, 2008
I dont really see this as nessary as it was done at Wembley and we showed togetherness there.I have never heard God save the Queen at domestic match before I think a minute silence would have been better.
Pathetic sheep like reaction IMHO
regards
DR

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
The Wembley tribute was good and well respected, and it should have finished then.
No need for any more.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
No, football jumps on emotive bandwagon once again. Why they couldn't have left it at Wembley is beyond me

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I'd say no, simply because, as others have said, that we haven't marked incidents in other countries like Russia, Mali, etc and it may leed to resentment from those countries (and from other countries) that then see it as their victims are far less important to us so get ignored or their countries are unworthy of respect by us, possibly because they aren't western enough - causing resentment and anger (see Turkey and the minutes silence there)

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I, like most other normal human beings, was appalled by the carnage in Paris.

Whilst I thought the FA response at the England / France friendly was appropriate, I thought that was probably sufficiently appropriate!

The Wembley tribute was good and well respected, and it should have finished then.
No need for any more.

No, football jumps on emotive bandwagon once again. Why they couldn't have left it at Wembley is beyond me

These.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here