Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oldest Electrical Appliance You Have?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
The mrs's 3 pin plug 12" anal intruder ( armoured Cold War edition)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I have a small transistor radio which was a birthday pressie when I was 12, still working 44 years later.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
40 year old Sony portable TV. Was working fine until the digital switch over. As well as many other things, I watched the 78 World Cup on it in a bedsit in Seven Dials and I can"t bring myself to throw it away, so it lives under in the cupboard under the stairs.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
My ITT Jet Set Transistor Radio, bought by my Mum when I left for Uni in 1969 is still going strong. It's first Albion result was 2-0 v Plymouth, although in those days the results didn't come through until the next morning !

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
50 year old phone :
IMG_20131126_163055.jpg

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I had a fridge that was made in England. Lec. I wonder now I managed to get rid of it.

I've giot an old radio/amplifier in the loft. Looks horrid even when new. But I kept it because its sound had a very good tone which I never hear nowadays. Seventies.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Forgive me for slightly changing the rules but I was travelling in British Columbia a few years ago and visited a 'western' village called Clinton - they had some kept some buildings as they were in the early 1900's (not difficult, as not much had changed there since). In the main house there were beautiful old light bulbs, working. I asked how old they were, and yep, they had never been changed in over a century...

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
A Sony Walkman from about 1991, I assume it still works, I haven't got any cassette tapes to try on it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here