Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ryan Harley, goal machine

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Two already this afternoon, one apparently wouldn't have looked out of place in the PL.

NEVER should have got rid of him.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Two already this afternoon, one apparently wouldn't have looked out of place in the PL.

Hope this isn't a sign that Christian Walton is going to have a repeat of his experiences at Bury, with goals whistling past him seemingly almost every few minutes. No idea how many of the goals at Bury were down to him (though the Bury fans didn't seem to think much of him) but at best it can't have done his confidence much good.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Hope this isn't a sign that Christian Walton is going to have a repeat of his experiences at Bury, with goals whistling past him seemingly almost every few minutes. No idea how many of the goals at Bury were down to him (though the Bury fans didn't seem to think much of him) but at best it can't have done his confidence much good.

A penalty and a screamer today so maybe Walton isn't to blame. However Plymouth are top, playing rivals at home and are 2 down, don't think the Plymouth fans will be too happy at all tonight.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Hope the boo boys are happy - look at his stats today, yet we, the fans, hounded him out. I am disgusted at our short-termist approach - look at where we are compared with where we could be.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I don't often lose it with our players but that Boxing Day match against Reading where we lost 3-0 was one such occasion. He did nothing all game, literally nothing except at one point Bridcutt was down by the corner with two Reading players preventing him from crossing and Harley stood there near the centre-spot arms raised and indignant for a cross that he knew was never going to come. My goodness, I went mental at him, even going right down to as near to the pitch as I could to tell him what a useless prick he was. Easily the laziest player I've ever seen play for us and I remember Mark Farringdon.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The first time I saw him play for us was away to Bristol City, where Ashley Barnes (Boo!) scored the only goal.

CMS played a ball towards Harley, but he would have had to run five yards to get it, he chose not to.

This was the second game he played for the club, so you would have thought that he might be out to impress the management and fans.

He must be up with Paul Kitson (who I recall refusing to join in the warm up for most matches, possibly because he was at a branch of Ladbrokes at the time) in having the worst attitude of any player to have worn the stripes.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The first time I saw him play for us was away to Bristol City, where Ashley Barnes (Boo!) scored the only goal.

CMS played a ball towards Harley, but he would have had to run five yards to get it, he chose not to.

This was the second game he played for the club, so you would have thought that he might be out to impress the management and fans.

He must be up with Paul Kitson (who I recall refusing to join in the warm up for most matches, possibly because he was at a branch of Ladbrokes at the time) in having the worst attitude of any player to have worn the stripes.

Was I stood next to you at the infamous Millwall penalty game? Worst penalty I've ever, ever seen and all we could do was laugh.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Was I stood next to you at the infamous Millwall penalty game? Worst penalty I've ever, ever seen and all we could do was laugh.

I missed that one as couldn't get a train back to Manchester on a Tuesday night.

I do recall having to grab [MENTION=2655]TONY Meola's Loan Spell [/MENTION] by the back of his parka at a home game when Harley once again chose to pull out of a tackle, and TMLS was about to launch himself at Harley from the front row of the WSU in order to 'have a word' about his lack of commitment to the cause.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
That guy had a sick jog.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
The first game I saw him was the home game against Posh (was it them?) and he looked bloody magnificent. Including a 30-yard free kick screamer.

It was a few games afterwards I realised the opposition had stood off us and given us the time and space to play.

My lad sussed him out. A player who likes to be a big fish in a small pond.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ryan Giggs, Ryan Harley. Nuff said.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

It's about time someone said it. To lose a player of his commitment, quality and overall flair set us back years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here