Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Just heard this on SSN, you couldn't make it up could you :lol:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Watching soccer Saturday, certainly made all the panel laugh!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Only scotch calamity is GORDON smith!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Someone posted the clip of them talking about on Soccer Saturday on Facebook - I did wonder if it was THAT Graeme Smith!

:lolol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yet strangely, according to the BBC text commentary, he WAS playing for Brechin (unless their reserve keeper is also called Smith?). However, it also says he only let in two, so it must be wrong!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I did once go to see Chester City at home, only to find they were then ground sharing at Macclesfield :facepalm:.

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
"BRECHIN keeper Graeme Smith had an absolute mare today – and that was before the game had even started.
The former Rangers shot-stopper must have thought he was nice and early when he turned up at the ground for the clash with Stenhousemuir.
Only trouble was, he was at the WRONG stadium.
Smith had gone to Ochilview when the match is at home at Glebe Park.
Smith had a journey of nearly 1 hour and 40 minutes – and made it to the RIGHT ground with 25 minutes to spare."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/doh-brechin-city-keeper-graeme-6872937

You couldn't make it up! :facepalm:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
For those of you old enough to remember Gordon smith, he was a superb player and with robinson became a great front pairing. He is tarred by this crap about missing a goal in the last minute, and some complete dick I was talking to at a game recently didn't even know he scored the first goal in the cup final for us.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Gordon was a classy player, like a Scots Trevor Brooking (although those slagging him off probably don't know Brooking either). Once scored a Div 1 hat-trick away, just like Peter Ward did.

The other Smith was simply awful. I was at Norwich when we lost 4-1 up there in midweek. It was like having a petrified schoolkid in goal. Still makes me shudder.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Gordon was a classy player, like a Scots Trevor Brooking (although those slagging him off probably don't know Brooking either). Once scored a Div 1 hat-trick away, just like Peter Ward did.

The other Smith was simply awful. I was at Norwich when we lost 4-1 up there in midweek. It was like having a petrified schoolkid in goal. Still makes me shudder.

At Coventry wasn't it?

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill

Too right. A very elegant player and his Cup Final goal will always be one of my greatest Albion memories.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here