Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

where in Brighton in showing the Burnley game

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Want to take my recopriating son to watch the game tomorrow but need a pub that not going to be to boisterous as he need to be able to keep his leg up.
Anyone know where its on please.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
I watch it in the Islingword Inn at Queens Park. It's normally fine there these days. Staff are helpful. I guess it depends on where you live.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That little one on the corner next to Churchill Square opposite the Western Front is quite civilised. Used to be the Lamb and Flag, and the Easy Bar. Dunno what its called now.

They do decent SCOFF as well.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I watch it in the Islingword Inn at Queens Park. It's normally fine there these days. Staff are helpful. I guess it depends on where you live.

Is this a renamed Hanover pub and whereabouts is it? I went with a few mates to the Cobden to watch the Derby v Brighton play-off game and despite loads of Brighton memorabilia there, the pub was packed for the Premier League match before it and then most just buggered off before the Brighton game. It p*ssed the rest of us that stayed right off.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Thanks guys, the Islingwood ain't too far away so will give that ago

If that isn't too far then The Round Georges might also be within distance for you. They'll have it on in the downstairs room as the main pub will be full of people eating roasts (which are also damned fine I may add) so there should be space enough for your son to chill.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Is this a renamed Hanover pub and whereabouts is it? I went with a few mates to the Cobden to watch the Derby v Brighton play-off game and despite loads of Brighton memorabilia there, the pub was packed for the Premier League match before it and then most just buggered off before the Brighton game. It p*ssed the rest of us that stayed right off.

Used to be The Beaufort

Eeyore

Apr 5, 2014

The Islingword Inn is at the top of Islingword Road. Not too far from The Cobden.

Eeyore

Apr 5, 2014
Thanks guys, the Islingwood ain't too far away so will give that ago

If you're there let me know. I'm popping over. Although, as another has said, the Round Georges is a very good pub.

Eeyore

Apr 5, 2014
Used to be The Beaufort

And always will be. I only used its current name as the chap asking may not have known.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
If that isn't too far then The Round Georges might also be within distance for you. They'll have it on in the downstairs room as the main pub will be full of people eating roasts (which are also damned fine I may add) so there should be space enough for your son to chill.

That sound even better where is the Round Georges :blush: not a pub man normally

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here