Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any messages for Scott McGleish today?

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I'm off to watch Wealdstone FC vs Bath City today

Any messages for the player-coach at Wealdstone - a certain Mr. McGleish :tosser:

The traditional message only really works if it is chanted by thousands of Albion fans.

If you are on your own, you might try telling him that it was Carl Griffiths wot dun it.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
But with a megaphone (a la Wycombe) - it's gonna sound like thousands I'll tell you :)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Scott McGleish "is a wanker, is a wanker" - I think you'll find that's his actual name. It's a wonder the FA allows him to shorten it on the shirt.

Some of the best atmospheres at the early matches I went to were Orient away, without McGleish none of it would have been possible so I'm actually very grateful for his alleged actions. Carl Griffiths hattrick against us in the FA Cup was less appreciated, but what a day out.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Obviously not him but some body with his goal predator approach would be welcome for us now.

Yes, and if that man scored the goals to fire us to the promised land that is the Premier League, I would revere him until the day that l died.

Which might not be too long.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Obviously not him but some body with his goal predator approach would be welcome for us now.

Only if Derbyshire isn't available though, eh?

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
Most people under 30 years old wouldn't have been to the Orient 4-4 game.

Time really is flying.

looking back on my time of supporting this club this was undoubtedly one of the best Brighton games I ever went to... The atmosphere and the roller coaster ride was something else.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Yeah. Say, "Thanks for being our pantomime villain. I suspect you probably enjoyed it just as much as we did."

Then shake his hand and wish him luck.

That'd do for me.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I met his wife at some motorway service station when we were travelling to an away game and she wa flogging insurance.

We got chatting to her and her husband never told her why when she went to games that he was playing in, the brighton fans were constantly chanting his name. I told her and said that, yes he was a pantomime villain as actually it wasn't him that caused the issues during the 4-4 draw. She laughed and said she would tell him.

Best one was at Barnet though when everyone had gone and we were doing the radio and he came out to warm down and a chorus went up...Scott McLeish, you're a wanker, you're a wanker" ...fortunately we had cut to the news.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Didn't he finish his last game against us leaving the field on crutches?

I remember him bowing to our fans as he made his way around the running track.

Good way to finish our relationship with him.

Jul 7, 2003
Always remember at a game at Underhill one of my mates who had had a beer or two starting the chant "oh Scott McGleish, he pimps his mum". Not sure where that came from but a change from the usual chants.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here