Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should it be compulsory to reverse into car park spaces?

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Why reverse into a space? Just asking. I have always driven into car parking spaces, cant see any advantage to reversing, especially , as said, if you can't get to the boot.

This. The number of times I have reversed into a space and not been able to get stuff in and out of the boot far exceeds and problems I have had with reversing out of a space I have driven straight into.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Always drive in front first for easy access to the boot . The rear view camera and sensors on my car assists in avoiding pedestrians when reversing out .

albionite

May 20, 2009
Funny I see it the other way round get annoyed waiting for someone trying to reverse their car into a space giving it 4 or 5 turns. Just bloody put your nose in first and let others past to find a space:annoyed:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
More likely to hit another car reversing into a space than reversing out ???

That's bollocks for a start. Inept parking is one of my irrational dislikes. When you see a badly parked car that's across a marked bay it'll be a forwards parked vehicle 9 times out of 10. Reversing gives you far better perspective with the door mirrors.

I'd be interested to see which method any professional drivers on here use/prefer.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Funny I see it the other way round get annoyed waiting for someone trying to reverse their car into a space giving it 4 or 5 turns. Just bloody put your nose in first and let others past to find a space:annoyed:

And then when you're trying to reverse out into traffic/pedestrians but have restricted view from cars either side....?

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
You are meant to reverse into a space as you are reversing away from the 'traffic'. If you drive into a space you then have to perform a reverse, which is considered a more difficult manoeuvre, into traffic. Simple really.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why? Not everybody needs them.

And then when you're trying to reverse out into traffic/pedestrians but have restricted view from cars either side....?

Havent you answered your own question. They aid safety and would be very easy to fit to all cars even old ones I would think. Anything that aids safety for the driver or pedestrian etc must be a good thing.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I think the OP is on about parallel parking on street. Not bay parking. I tend to drive forward into a bay but always reverse into a spot on street. The amount of people I see who drive into spaces and bump up on the pavement is ludicrous. Just reverse in. It's easier and the car is easier to manoeuvre into position going backwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here