Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Weller-Brighton Centre

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
A great concert from The Modfather,including some great Jam numbers(Boy about town.Ghosts),Weller favourites and fresh new sounds! Not everyones cup of tea but without doubt another great English singer/songwriter who has written and performed some diverse quality music for 40 years! Legend!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
A great concert from The Modfather,including some great Jam numbers(Boy about town.Ghosts),Weller favourites and fresh new sounds! Not everyones cup of tea but without doubt another great English singer/songwriter who has written and performed some diverse quality music for 40 years! Legend!

I really enjoyed it. Thought the mix was right of new stuff, older Weller, Style Council and The Jam.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I really enjoyed it. Thought the mix was right of new stuff, older Weller, Style Council and The Jam.
I think he really has got this sussed now and delivers a fantastic night of what his fans want. I'm really sorry I missed it.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
The 1st encore of Pick it up & These city streets was stunning. Blinding performance. He no longer has the bite and anger of youth for The Jam songs, so can understand him refusing to consider a reunion.

The 1st encore of Pick it up & These city streets was stunning. Blinding performance. He no longer has the bite and anger of youth for The Jam songs, so can understand him refusing to consider a reunion.

Never saw any last minute bargains otherwise I would have joined you, however after traeding water musically for the last six years and far too much exposure to shit like the X factor etc, last nights Mercury was a joy. Each and every act reignighted a love of real music,

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Loved the Jam stuff last night; Boy About Town, Ghosts, In the Crowd & Malice along with Style Council, but what I admire is the fact he knows he's no spring chicken but now produces quality music befitting his progressing years.

Compare that to bands like The Who and the Stones who continue to tour but MOSTLY regurgitating old stuff.

The Jam will never reunite, and rightly so. Those concerts were great at the time, and at that age. We're all a little older and greyer now.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Loved the Jam stuff last night; Boy About Town, Ghosts, In the Crowd & Malice along with Style Council, but what I admire is the fact he knows he's no spring chicken but now produces quality music befitting his progressing years.

Compare that to bands like The Who and the Stones who continue to tour but MOSTLY regurgitating old stuff.

The Jam will never reunite, and rightly so. Those concerts were great at the time, and at that age. We're all a little older and greyer now.

I agree with every word, I saw the Jam 5 times, , I've seen Weller about a half dozen times, and feel likewe've all grown up together.

Never go back

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Seen him live at the K2 in Crawley. Love him in the Jam and council but feel like slitting my wrists when he does his solo stuff. For 90% of the gig you could hear a pin drop until he played an oldie. Then it went manic.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Seen him live at the K2 in Crawley. Love him in the Jam and council but feel like slitting my wrists when he does his solo stuff. For 90% of the gig you could hear a pin drop until he played an oldie. Then it went manic.

Tbf I was at that Crawley gig and holding in in a school basketball court had to be questioned. Worst I have ver seen him that night, could not get any atmosphere. Old and new songs were greeted enthusiastically last night.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here