Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Am I being too unambitious?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I would be happy with a point tomorrow before a ball is kicked. Problem is that I have thought this before three of our last four games. Since we played Reading they have gone off the boil as have Sheff Weds so maybe we should have been expecting more and are giving too much respect to teams that are not really all that?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'd be happy with a point tomorrow, a point at Derby, a point v Middlesbrough, and victories vs Birmingham, Charlton, QPR, and Brentford.

Would give us 49 points at the half way point in the season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I would be happy with a point tomorrow before a ball is kicked. Problem is that I have thought this before three of our last four games. Since we played Reading they have gone off the boil as have Sheff Weds so maybe we should have been expecting more and are giving too much respect to teams that are not really all that?

We're not giving any team too much respect. There are no 'easy' games in the Championship. I expect us to play defensively, with Gray on the rampage, and the injuries that we have.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Happy,cjust happy. You should be estatic if thats what we have

I'd be dancing in the streets, (possibly naked). if we achieve that.

First things first though, a point at Turf Moor with an injury weakened side, would be a tremendous result.

I was happy enough with a point at both Reading and Sheffield Wednesday, but I've a feeling that Burnley will be a different proposition altogether.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We're not giving any team too much respect. There are no 'easy' games in the Championship. I expect us to play defensively, with Gray on the rampage, and the injuries that we have.

Being lightweight upfront has meant we have drawn where we could have won though and all teams have injuries not just the Albion. Defensively we are solid, up front we are a bit rubbish so should really be grateful to be where we are I guess.

Burnley being shorn of Barnes is a massive plus for us as you know exactly what would happen if he was playing.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Being lightweight upfront has meant we have drawn where we could have won though and all teams have injuries not just the Albion

I think that your expectations are too high if you think we could have won those games. Reading was a defensive error. There have only been two games where we haven't scored at all.

Edit to add, I'd be very pleased with a point, avoiding a defeat.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
No, drawing away games especially vs inform teams is a perfectly adequate result. In the case of Wednesday you could argue that we halted their momentum as they were full of confidence heading into that game.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

No, I'm with you and would agree with the other games you mention as well.

In hindsight, I believe having taken the lead at Reading and had another opportunity shortly after, we could have won.

But, like myself you are probably recovering from our inept performances from last season and are sensibly cautious.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
A point and the unbeaten run continuing would be an excellent result from tomorrow's game.
However, nicking a narrow win would really lay down a marker and worry a lot of the high-flyers we play before Christmas :albion2:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hope for a win, satisfied with a draw, expecting a defeat....is where I am on this one.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
A point and the unbeaten run continuing would be an excellent result from tomorrow's game.
However, nicking a narrow win would really lay down a marker and worry a lot of the high-flyers we play before Christmas :albion2:

A tad over ambitious with your second sentence there me thinks, but hey-ho, you never know, that's the beauty of football.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
i hope to win one of the up coming away games and draw the rest so a draw tomorrow would be a good result and keep us on track. QPR offer the best chance of a win away or so it would appear but anything can happen in this division.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I would be very happy with a draw from tomorrow. Interestingly if we score 2 goals without reply, then we have scored as many goals as Burnley. We have scored 8 goals less than the top scorers in this league yet they currently sit 12th with 14 points less than us, and they are looking for a new manager. The important thing isn't scoring loads of goals, its getting the score/concede balance right (although scoring ridiculous amounts of goals throughout the season would be nice).

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Avoid defeat as often as possible against the other contenders, and get enough wins against mid and lower table teams is surely the recipe for promotion, so I will take a draw now.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm in same boat - delighted with point at Reading & Sheff Weds :)lol:) especially with the win v MK Franchise at home. A draw would be a cracking result tomo. Cracking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here